Chapter 24: Romantic

I walk into school and I look around the hallway.

After that gun shot, I haven't talked to anyone. Not even Jake or Ryder.

"Hey Emily. Are you okay? You haven't talked to anyone for days," Marley said. I just shrug my shoulders. "If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here." I nod and she walks away.

The bell rings and I walk to Glee Club.

Even though I hate it, I'm still gonna go to it...even if it might be my last time.

I walk in the room. Ryder sees me and he runs over to me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. "Would you like me to escort you to your seat?" I laugh and I nod. He grabs my arm and we walk over to a couple of seats.

"Okay everyone. Quinn won't be here today," Mr Shue said as he enters the choir room. He then spots me. "Hey Emily. Are you okay? You haven't said a word for a few days." I look at the ground.

"She doesn't want to talk Mr Shue," Ryder said. Mr Shue sighs.

At least Ryder understands.

"Okay," he said. "Alright, the assignment will be..." He then writes the word on the board. "...Romance." I look at the ground again. How am I suppose to sing a romantic song if I can't talk? "Everyone has to sing a song this week."

Everyone then starts talking about the songs that they're gonna sing. I just sit there.

"I want to show you something after Glee. Do you mind skipping English?" Ryder asks and I nod. The bell rings and he grabs my hand. "Let's go."

We run down the hallway and into the Auditorium. We walk onto stage which is covered in rose petals. I smile at him.

"This song is for you gorgeous," Ryder said and the music starts to play.

You called me, said he broke your heart again

Won't you let me pick up the pieces?

Let me pick up all the pieces baby.

You said even though you're not with him,

That your life's too complicated.

When you're in this situation,

There's not much that I can say to you,

But I would never lie.

As long as I've got you next to me,

Tonight I've got to try.

I'm giving you the X's (X's)

I'm giving you the O's (O's)

I'm giving you everything in between,

I saved it all for you.

So hit me with a yes (yes)

You gotta let me know (know)

I wanna be everything that you need

I'll never let you go

I'm giving you the...

And I'm giving you a...

So I'm giving you the...

Yeah, I'm giving you a...

I don't wanna go too fast

But it's really hard to take it slow