Chapter 36: Woo Hoo

We won...well, it was a tie with the New Directions. But still, we won!

I walk over to Ryder who is sitting with the New Directions at lunch and I sit next to him. He wraps one arm around my waist. I hear a scream and I turn around. It is Marley.

"Guys, did you hear? This year's school musical is going to be Hairspray!" Marley said with excitement.

"Cool. What part are you gonna audition for babe?" Ryder asks me.

"Tracey. Sure, I may not look like her, but I've had a lot of troubles in my life so it kinda counts," I said with a shrug which makes him smile. "What part are you gonna audition for?"

"Link. So I can kiss you onstage," he said and I smile. He then kisses me sweetly.

"Get a room!" I hear Jake say and I laugh. I look over at him and I see Haylee sitting comfortably on his lap.

"Well, I hope everyone gets good parts," I said before taking a bite out of my apple. "When are the auditions, Marley?" Marley smiles (probably because I was actually talking to her).

"Tomorrow," she said. I look up at Ryder.

"That means that we only have today to pick our songs," I said and he shrugs his shoulders.

"So?" He said.

"So...we need to pick our songs!" I said. I then stand up and I grab Ryder's hand. "Bye guys. See you later."

We then run down the hallway and into the choir room. I sit next to the piano and I start to look through my playlist, trying to look for a great song to sing. I look up and I see Ryder standing there.

"Why aren't you looking for a song?" I ask him.

"I already have my song. It's a song that reminds me of you," he said and I smile a little. I then continue to look through my playlist. I then feel a hand on my shoulder. "Relax. You just need to find a song that is special to you. You see, directors don't just want talent, they want feeling." I nod. "Let me show you."

I grab a guitar and I sit on the ground. I start to play the song.

One of the best things about being a Puckerman: you are good at playing the guitar.

Give me love like her,

'Cause lately I've been waking up alone,

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt,

Told you I'd let them go,

And that I'll fight my corner,

Maybe tonight I'll call ya,

After my blood turns into alcohol,

No, I just wanna hold ya.

Ryder (Emily-Grace harmonising):

Give a little time to me or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my, oh give me love,

My, my, my, my, give me love,

Ryder:

Give me love like never before,

'Cause lately I've been craving more,

And it's been a while but I still feel the same,