Chapter 23: The Day I Wish To Forget

I watch Quinn with anger while she talks to us in Glee.

"You know what? I think we need a song. But not just any song. We need..." Here we go. "...Miley. Hit it!" Quinn said.

The music starts to play and everyone stands up, except me.

Lucas:

I'm so fresh man

Y'all scared to do it how I do it

Quinn:

I'm in the club high on Purp with some shades on

Tatted up, mini skirt with my J's on

In the club high on Purp with some shades on

Tatted up, mini skirt with my J's on

Lucas (Lucas in brackets):

J's on my feet (you know it)

So get like me

J's on my feet (you know it)

J's on my feet (we trippin')

So get like me

Quinn (Quinn in brackets):

I be in the club (the club)

Standing on the couch (the couch)

In them Wolf Greys (what)

Like it's my house (I'm home)

Drinking out the bottle...

"Stop the music!" I shout. The music stops and everyone looks at me. "I can't take this anymore. I..." Before I could finish, I hear a gun shot.

"Everyone, hide," Mr Shue said and he turns off the lights. We all separate and hide. I hide behind the piano all by myself. I curl into a ball and I cry.

I look around the room and I see people looking very scared. I continue to cry.

Why does this have to happen to us?

I feel arms around me. I look up and I see Jake. I hug him tighter.

"We're going to be okay," he said as he strokes my hair. I look up at him and I smile a little.

"Everyone, I want you to text everyone you know and tell them..." Mr Shue stops talking when he hears the intercom turn on.

*Intercom turns on*

"Hello everyone. You are probably wandering what is happening."

What, I know that voice.

"If Emily-Grace Puckerman comes to the principal's office, I can make this all over."

*Intercom turns off*

I look at Jake.

"I have to go," I said and I stand up. He grabs me.

"I'm not letting you go out there," he said. I try to get out of his grip, but he is too strong.

"If I go, this will be all over and they won't need to be scared anymore," I said and I wiggle out of his grip, but he grabs me again. I start screaming. Mr Shue runs over to me and he puts his hand over my mouth. Tears roll down my cheeks.

"Hey. Do you realise what you are doing? You are actually putting everyone in danger," he whispers in my ear. I fall to the ground and I continue to cry. Jake helps me up and we walk back over to the piano.

*Intercom turn on*

"Emily, I know you're in the school. You better come to the principal's office."

*Intercom turns off*

I look over at the group of newbies. Alex stands up and he walks over to Mr Shue.

"Mr Shue, Anna isn't here. She was going to come to Glee Club practise today, but she didn't show. Mr Shue, she's still out there," he said and he tries to walk out, but Jake and Mr Shue hold him back.

This is my chance.

I run across the choir room and I leave through the other door.

Ryder POV

~*~*~*~*~

I watch Mr Shue and Jake hold Alex back. I then see Em run across the choir room.

What is she doing?

I stand up and I follow her out the door.

Emily-Grace POV

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I walk down the hallway and over to the principal's office. I open the door and I enter. A male is sitting in the chair. He spins around.

"It is you," I said and he smiles evilly.

"Yes, it's me. It's good to see you Emily-Grace," he said.

"What do you want Justin?" I ask. He stands up.

"That is the question. What DO I want?" He said while walking over to me. He then pulls out a gun from his pocket. He then points it to my head. Tears roll down my cheeks. "I want you."

"You will never have me," I said.

"Well, then we shouldn't let anyone else have you," he said.

"Leave her alone!" I look at the door and I see Ryder. Justin moves the gun away from my head, but he then wraps his arm around my neck.

"Oh yeah? Well, what are you gonna do about it?" Justin said with a smile.

"I'm not, but they will," Ryder said and then members of the SWAT team then show up. They grab Justin and they take him out of the room. Tears continue to roll down my cheeks. Ryder then runs over to me and he hugs me. "It's going to be okay Em. I've got you." I start crying. He hugs me tighter. "Come on. Let's go back to Glee." I nod.

We leave the room and we walk down the hallway. When we enter the choir room, everyone is standing up. Jake spots me and he runs over to me.

"Gracie," he said and I start crying again. He hugs me. "It's going to be okay."

"I'm s-sorry for n-not listening to y-you," I said. He strokes my hair.

"It's okay. You're safe now," he said and I nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

SONGS:

23-Mike Will Made It, Miley Cyrus & Wiz Khalifa