Chapter 26: New York

I leave the subway and I walk down the streets of New York.

I'm visiting Kurt, Santana, Blaine, and Rachel this weekend. I wanted to talk to them.

I open a door and I take the elevator to one of the top floors. I then walk down the hallway until I see their door. I knock.

I hear whispers coming from inside. Rachel opens the door and she smiles when she sees me.

"Hey Emily," she said and she hugs me. I hug her back even tighter. "So, why did you decide to come here for the weekend?" I drag my suitcase behind me inside. I place it next to the couch.

"I needed to get away. I also wanted to spend time with you guys," I said with a smile. Everyone smiles back.

"You look depressed. Come over here and talk to me," Kurt said while hugging Blaine. I walk over there and I sit on the couch. Kurt stops hugging Blaine and he wraps an arm around my shoulders. I take a deep breath.

"Quinn has been pissing me off lately and I've just had enough. So, I quit the Glee Club. Now, I really want to go back, but I can't. You know?" I said and they nod.

"Well, you need to express your talent, but you can't go back..." Kurt said as he tried to think how I can still be in Glee Club without being in THAT Glee Club.

"Why don't you make a new Glee Club and get a new coach?" Santana said. We all look at her with smiles.

"Yes! And you can be the coach. The Glee Club will have great singers and dancers," I said and I clap my hands.

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. Let me get this straight. You want me to go back to Ohio and be a coach for Glee Club. You actually want me to do that? Honestly?" She said with a bit of anger. I nod. "Okay, I'm in." I jump up and I hug her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said.

"Okay, easy there Puckerman," she said. I stop hugging her.

"We need to prepare. We need to get a spot into Regionals and if we get in, we need to find members, pick songs, choreograph routines...Oh, so much to do," I said and I grab a piece of paper and a pen. "Let's do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch Santana as she talks on the phone. She then hangs up.

"So..." I said excitedly.

"So...what?" She asks.

"Do we get to perform at Regionals?" I ask. Santana then looks disappointed.

"Of course we do," she said excitedly. We then jump around the room. My phone starts buzzing. Ryder is calling me.

"I need to take this," I said and I point at my phone. Santana nods and I leave the room.

Ryder: Hey beautiful.

Emily-Grace: Hi Ryder.

Ryder: You sound happier. What's happening in New York?

Emily-Grace: Oh, you know, just stuff.

Ryder: What kind of stuff?

Emily-Grace: I'll tell you and the Glee Club tomorrow.

"Hurry up Emily! We need to pick our last song!" Santana yells.

Emily-Grace: I better go.

Ryder: Okay, love you.

Emily-Grace: Love you too. Bye.

Ryder: Bye.

I hang up the phone and I run over to Santana.