Chapter 18: These Girls Are Special

I walk into the choir room with Santana and Rachel. I was hanging out with them at lunch. I told them about me going...crazy.

They are now going to take good care of me, but I don't want them to be my babysitters. They deserve to have fun, not be stuck here with me.

"Okay, does anyone have a song that they want to perform?" Mr Shue asks.

"We do," Kurt said and he grabs Blaine's hand. He pulls him to the front.

Kurt (Blaine in brackets):

I really can't stay (But baby, it's cold outside)

I've got to go away (But baby, it's cold outside)

This evening has been... (Been hoping that you'd drop in) ...so very nice (I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)

My mother will start to worry (Beautiful, what's your hurry?)

My father will be pacing the floor (Listen to the fireplace roar)

So really, I'd better scurry (Beautiful, please don't hurry)

But maybe just a half a drink more (Put some records on while I pour)

The neighbors might think (Baby, it's bad out there)

Say, what's in this drink? (No cabs to be had out there)

I wish I knew how... (Your eyes are like starlight now) ...to break the spell (I'll take your hat; your hair looks well)

I ought to say no, no, no, Sir (Mind if I move in closer?)

At least I'm gonna say that I tried (What's the sense in hurting my pride?)

I really can't stay (Baby, don't hold out)

They walk around the room, acting out the song. This is such an amazing song.

Kurt and Blaine:

But Baby it's cold outside