Chapter 38: Worst Morning

I laugh while Jake chases me down the stairs. We finally catches me in the lounge and holds me around the stomach.

"Alright, give it back," he said and I give him a cheeky smile.

"Give what back?" I ask.

"You know what," he said and I sigh. I then pull out a photo frame from the inside of my Cheerios jacket. It has a photo of Jake and Haylee. It was taken from one of those photobooths.

"We should take a photo together. You know, you, me, and Puck. A family portrait," I said with another smile. Jake snatches the photo out of my hands.

"Sure...if you don't touch this ever again!" He said and I nod.

"Come on! You two need to get to school and I have my pool cleaning business to attend to. So, move it!" Puck yells.

Wow, I never knew that he wanted us to go to school THAT badly.

Jake and I walk over to the door when I realise that I forgot something.

"Oh, I need to get some extra clothes. You guys go. I'll bike or something and I'll meet you at school," I said to Jake with a smile and he nods.

I then run upstairs to my room. I hear Puck's car drive off.

I guess I can take the bus or something.

I grab my batman 3/4 sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans, and I stuff them in my bag.

I then run down the stairs. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. I walk over to the door. I turn the door knob slowly and I open the door. I see an old man with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Umm, can I help you?" I ask.

"Is this the Puckerman residence?" He asks and I take a deep breath.

"Yes," I said.

"Oh, you are the girl Puckerman. Aren't you Emily-Grace?" My eyes widen.

"How do you know my name?"

"Well, I should. After all, I created you." I start to breathe heavily.

"Dad?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into school like a lifeless drone. I wish he didn't come over. I wish he never existed.

I feel someone touch my shoulder and I jump. I turn around and I see Ryder. I hug him tight.

"Ryder!" I said and he looks at me widely.

"Are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost," he said and he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"It was like seeing a ghost," I said.

"Okay. You need to come with me," he said and he guides me into the choir room where everyone is sitting in their normal places. I look up at Jake and he looks terrified. He runs up to me and gives me a big hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I hug him tighter.

"I saw dad," I whisper.

"What?" He asks. I move away from him.

"I saw dad!" I said louder. Everyone looks at me with sad eyes.

"What?! When?"

"After you left this morning."

"I knew I shouldn't have left you."

"Don't blame yourself. He just showed up."

"What did he want?"