Chapter 29: I Don't Want To Be Here

Emily-Grace POV

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I flutter my eyes open. I look around the room and I see Ryder on the chair. I smile at him.

"Good morning beautiful," he said. Then, Ryder morphs into Justin. I start to panic. I try to move my hands but they are tied onto each side of the bed.

"You look...beautiful," he said and he points a gun to me. I close my eyes. Tears roll down my cheeks. "All I want to say to you is goodbye." I then hear a gunshot.

I open my eyes and I sit up.

Thank god it was a dream...or nightmare.

I look around the room. It is white.

Where the hell am I? It looks like the place in my dream.

I look at the sheets on the bed. They are white. So are my clothes.

I get out of bed and I start to panic. I walk out the door and I walk down the hallway.

"Em?" I grab a walking stick (which was leaning against the wall) and I point it at the guy's neck. My eyes soften. I drop the walking srick and I hug him.

"Ryder! Thank god it's you!" I said. Tears roll down my cheeks.

"What? What happened? What's wrong?" He asks as he wipes away a tear from my cheek.

"I-It's the dreams. I k-keep having dreams about th-the shooting," I said and I hug him again. He starts to rub my back.

"It's okay Em. I'm here now," he said and I nod. "Now, let's get you back to your room so you can rest." I nod again. He then picks me up bridal style and he takes me back to my room. I see Jake asleep in the corner.

Ryder places me on the bed and he kisses me on the cheek. Ryder then walks over to Jake and he slaps his head which makes him wake up.

"Wha-What happened?" Jake said. He then sees me awake. "Gracie!" He runs up to me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry Gracie." Tears roll down my cheeks.

"It's okay Jake," I said and I hug him tighter.

"No, it's not okay. I ignored you and made your life a living hell. I didn't mean to push you. I'm so sorry," he said. I see tears roll down his cheeks.

For the first time, I've seen Jake cry. I smile.

"Jake, you're crying," I said with a little laugh. I then wipe his tears away. "I love you Jake, I mean it."

"I love you too," he said. We then part. I wipe away the tears. "I think some people want to sing a song to you." Then, the New Directions enter the room. Jake joins them.

"Look, we're sorry that we were ignoring you. I guess we were all sad that you left," Marley said and everyone agrees.

"This one's for you girl," Unique said and music starts to play. I smile at them as I sway back and forth to the music.

Jake:

Girl I see it in your eyes you're disappointed

'Cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart

I tore it apart

And girl what a mess I made upon your innocence

And no woman in the world deserves this

But here I am asking you for one more chance

Lucas:

Can we fall one more time?