Chapter 50: Prepare For Nationals

"Alright girls," Santana said and we all look at her. "I need you to dance the routine again to make sure that none of you mucked it up!" We all groan and we get on our aching legs.

"Santana, can we rest?" Haylee ask and I quickly cover her mouth, but it was too late. Santana looks at her and shrugs her shoulders.

"Fine. Go and have a rest...and leave Heart Attack," she said and I gasp.

"You really aren't serious, right?" I said and she puts her hands on her waist.

"Of course not. I want you to be the best of the best, and the only way I can make the best is to make you practise over and over again," she said and I sigh. "Now, get up and show me what your legs and your voice can do." The music starts to play, and we sing and dance.

Oh my gosh, the pain in my legs and my arms...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk around school, aching.

I slowly walk over to my locker and I slowly open it. Even my arms hurt. I feel someone wrap their arms around me which makes my body hurt.

"What's wrong, gorgeous?" Ryder whispers in my ear and I turn around slowly.

"My whole body just hurts from practising the routine so much," I said and he kisses my forehead.

"Are you gonna go home and rest?" He asks and I nod. "Okay. I'll come over after school and check on you, okay?" I nod and I start to slowly walk towards the nurse's office. Ryder then joins me. "I'll help you."

He picks me up bridal style and carries me there. We arrive at the nurse's office and he places me on the bed. The nurse walks in and she starts to talk to us, but I don't listen. I just remember earlier today.

*Flashback Starts*

I breath heavily as I wipe the sweat from my forehead. I look up at Santana who doesn't look that happy.

"Girls, you need to be the best. So, I want you to practise your dance routine and your singing voices. We NEED to win this," she said and everyone leaves except for me. I sit down and I continue to heavily breath. Santana then passes me a bottle of water.

"Thanks," I said and I drink about half the bottle. Santana then sits down next to me.

"You know, we need to win this," she said and I nod.

"I know," I said and I stand up. "But you need to calm down a bit. You can't push us that hard, Santana. Otherwise, we can't be the best that we can be."

"I know...unfortunately," she said and she stands up.

"Santana." She turns around and she looks at me. "I do appreciate you being here and away from New York. I just wanna say, thanks," I said and she smiles a little. She then walks away, and I stay there as I try to catch my breath.

*Flashback Ends*

"Em? Em." I shake away my flashback and I look at Ryder and the nurse.

"Umm...Yeah?" I said and Ryder smiles.

"The nurse said to wait here for 10 minutes for Puck to get here," Ryder said and I nod. The nurse then smiles and she leaves. I look up at Ryder and I kiss his cheek. "Will you be alright here by yourself?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile. The bell then rings. "You better get to class." He smiles and he gives me a quick kiss. "Bye."

"Bye. I'll see you after school," he said and he walks away.

"Yep," I said to myself and I look at the ground.

"Finally, we can have some alone time." I look up and I see Justin in the doorway.