Introduction

"... Raise, princess (y/n). Greet your army." Your father commanded you. You did as told, slowly standing up and raising your hand, making the soldiers salute you. "Grand General, Ma'am!" They all shouted. You, your father and elder sister were on the balcony of your palace, located on the main island of the island complex of the Sleen Kingdom. An enormous army filled up the entire mainland, all awaiting your speech. "Subjects, citizens, friends. Let us work hard together, and may I fullfill your expectations as your new Grand General." You shouted loud and clear. All cheered and your sister smiled. Your father kept silent during the soldiers cheers, before speaking up. "Due to Princess Amelia's blindness, she'll lose her position as Crownprincess and pass it to the new Crownprincess and Grand General (y/n). You are all dismissed. Units G and I keep in position as always." He ordered and turned around to leave the balcony, followed by his butlers. Your sister walked over to your side placing a hand on your shoulder. "I know you don't want this. I'm sorry, (y/n)... if I had been more careful..." she started apologizing, tracing the scars over her eyes. You smiled. "Don't worry, Sister. I've always know that my dreams meant nothing. This is our burden we must carry." You said softly. The older woman nodded and took your hand. With a last glance at the cliffs and the endless seas, you followed your father.

Your dreams were simply: a change. Changing the system. Why did Celestial Dragons exist? Why aren't pirates allowed to roam? Why weren't people allowed to be free? You wanted freedom. You wanted your sister to earn her rightful titles so one night, you could escape on a boat she would've prepared towards your freedom. But... One day, she lost her sight during an attack on a neighbouring country. We won, but at a great cost. Not only your sisters titles and dignity, also your freedom. You were roughly awoken from your daydreams by your mother. King Elios and Queen Andrea were awaiting their daughters in the Great Dining Hall. Your father never smiled, but your mother's face lighted up when she saw you. "(Y/n)... look at you." She said kindly. You and Amelia walked forward, bowing in front of her. "My little girl, already so powerful and brilliant. I'm proud of you. Just like your sister." She complimented you. It couldn't ease the pain you felt deep inside though. "Thank you, Mother. I am certain Amelia would have been marvelous as well." You replied. The blind woman squeezed your hand and smiled. "(Y/n). Go rest, you have a long day tomorrow. As for you, Amelia, your gardening teacher awaits you." Your father said firmly. Both of you nodded and bowed again before walking away. "The rest of our lives are going to be very long..." Amelia sighed in a whisper. You gently squished her hand and brought her to the garden. After parting ways, you immediately ran to your room, locking it. "... I won't ever be free."