RtR, Pt 8: Don't be too greedy!

"Where are you..." Sabo hissed through his teeth, slowly entering King Elios' office. The room was dark and gave off a dangerous aura. The young man took slow steps forward, ready to strike. He was going to pay for what he had done to you. To everyone. People like him shouldn't walk this earth. Sabo took his tube and hardened it with Hardening Haki. "He's here... but I can't sense where..."

Suddenly, he could feel the air within the room shift and turned to protect himself. Elios was a few seconds too late to fatally strike Sabo. The tube met the sword. "Well well well... so you are with (y/n)? I knew there was someone else back there..." The King smirked. The Second Revolutionary threw him off, popping a vein. "Yeah, I am. This will be the end of you, King Elios." He spoke in a dark tone. Elios chuckled and readied his sword. "Are you? Then at least try better than her. She couldn't even slightly-" he started mocking him but met with an elbow to his face. The King was sent flying and crashed between his books. "I don't have time to chat. I will defeat you." Sabo spoke loud and clear, rubbing his elbow. Elios looked rather surprised, touched the cheeks that met the elbow first. "...huh. Guess I underestimated you a bit." He simply stated and stood up.

"Shit... is this man made out of steel...?" Sabo thought, rubbing the harmed elbow. "More importantly... how did he heal so fast? His wounds are gone!" 

"I see that you are confused about my physical state. It is quite simple actually. Besides my Sword of Sins that has a great power on its own, I have a power called the No No no Mi*. I can 'cancel' or 'delete' any action, basically said. I can delete wounds, cancel attacks... it's unlimited power. If no one can harm me badly while I can harm others, the world is at my feet." Elios explained, touching a bruise with a finger as it went away. "I was looking forward to (y/n)'s power and, to be honest, she made progress. But she's still too weak. She's lucky to be alive. Normally I would end anyone that stands in my way."

Sabo took a step back, and narrowed his eyes. "That Devil Fruit... it's extremely dangerous. I need to watch out!"

Timeskip brought to you by a writer that can't write fighting scenes...

"Greed!" Elios commanded his sword - that developed little air holes - as it swong towards the young man. Sabo missed the slash that devours power and jumped forward to strike with his hardened tube. Elios took the hit but kicked Sabo back quickly. "Delete." Said the King and the bruise disappeared. Sabo faced Elios again.  "This is going nowhere! We're on the same level!"

"Take this!" Sabo hissed, trying to perform a combo-attack. "Gluttony!" Elios hissed on his turn, making his sword lose his air holes and grow in power and struck Sabo. The Second-in-command was thrown rolling over the floor, coughing up spit. "Gluttony... the slash that grows power twice as strong as the opponent's attack. I get it. That sword of his literally represents the Seven Sins. If I remember correctly what Inazuma taught me during Literature, the sins have weaknesses. If I can defeat just one sin that can deactivate the sword, I can focus on his devil fruit!"

"Tch, not going down either, now are you?" Elios groaned in disgust. Sabo chuckled and stood up, raising an eyebrow. "And I won't go down for a loooooooong while, if you keep delivering weak moves like that!" He said loudly, pointing at himself with is thumb. The king blinked. "W-what did you say?!" He yelled enraged, his sword regaining air holes. "I mean like, sure, you were able to hit me a few times, but it never really hurt you know. If you were stronger, man, that would hurt a lot! Almost kill me, I think!" Sabo explained, pretending to be totally fine. Elios' face turned crimson red as he went over his limit. "I can have a lot, but not someone that calls me, King Elios, WEAK! I'll make you pay!" He shouted in rage. His sword gained slits this time and grew slightly bigger. "If I am so weak, I will take your power and kill you with it!" The King stated furiously and ran towards Sabo. "Greed!"

Sabo jumped away right when the sword was about to cut him in half.

"I'll get you this time! Greed!"

Once again, Sabo back-flipped against the wall right before the sword decided to behead him.

And this went on for a long while. Each time the sword came close to Sabo, it took a bit of his power away which made the sword grew.

And grew.

And grew.

And grew so much it looked like it was about to explode.

Sabo panted as he jumped away once again, the sword cutting through the ground behind him. He ran to a corner of the completely destroyed room and turned his back to it. "You can't run anymore! This is the end!" Elios smirked insanely and held the sword above his head. He had difficulty holding it, since it was ridiculously big and thick. Sabo shared his smirk. "It really is the end." He said.

"Die! GREED!"

The sword swung down.

Through a bit of the top hat.

Through a bit of the goggles.

Through a few pieces of hair.

Before...

The sword exploded. An enormous light flash and explosion happened that had a radius of 10 miles.

And dimmed down after a few minutes.

Two badly wounded men were laying in the debris, one severely injured and one in life danger. Each coughing up blood. "Being too greedy... isn't good you know." Sabo said to Elios, who was breathing heavily. The now former King looked slowly at the blond man. "How did you know that- *cough* - that..." He tried to ask but was too weak. Sabo cracked a smile. "Like I - *cough* - said: being too greedy... isn't good. Even though your sword could devour a lot of - *pauses* - power, too much is simply too much." He explained in a weak voice. Elios stared at him and thought for a moment.

"My sword is a lot - *cough* - like me." He said softly. Sabo looked over at him. "Full of sins." The king said while cracking a smile. Sabo laughed a bit but stopped because it made him cough in pain. "You know who is also like you? Every single asshole in the world." Sabo replied. This time Elios laughed but groaned in pain. "You damn brat..." he hissed.

A moment of silence occurred.

"Looks like I lost - *cough* - everything in the end, huh..." Elios said. "Well, since I'm not the one in life danger, it looks like it." Sabo replied.  The older man chuckled. "I meant everything... after all of this is over - and I'm still breathing - I'll explain. Just let me rest for a while." He said mysteriously. Sabo clicked his tongue. "Oi, as if. You're gonna explain everything to me!" He scolded him. But the only thing he got in reply was loud snoring. "Y-you shitty-!" Sabo cursed but got interrupted by another cough. He made peace with the sleeping man and looked up at the clouds.

"(y/n), I did it... are you watching me?"