Girl Power

Timeskip a few days...

"What is that idiot doing here?!" Elios, your father, shouted through the dining hall. Your mother rolled her eyes at him and threw a smile at her daughters. "That... 'idiot' you refer to is Amelia's dear friend and Sleen's hero. Show some respect, Honey." She said kindly, but with a venomous hint to it. The King scoffed and Amelia narrowed her eyes at him. "Is it so wrong to invite a friend after such a long time?" She questioned and you, who's usually the quitest at the table, agreed. "We haven't seen him in years, Father. There's nothing wrong with that." You said firmly. The hidden Den Den Mushi was still behind your ear, in case something important was being discussed at the table.

Ah... I guess I jinxed it.

"After this business is over, we can discuss your marriage, (y/n)." Your father said, taking you by surprise. As well the others at the table. "Father! You can't do that! She's Grand General!" Amelia immediately came to your defence. "... marriage? No...". "And I regret that decision! She's not cut out to be one! It's already a mistake that you became blind, child, so I will continue my original intentions before the War: my youngest daughter shall marry." He practically hissed at Amelia. She stood up in response. "Who's going to Grand General then? No one else but my dearest sister can be it!" She yelled, furious at the King.

And this time, he smirked.

"I'll be Grand General." He stated clearly.

Not only did this made your sister go nuts, activating her Haki and making cracks in the floor beneath her as well the wall behind her... your mother placed her fork rather hardly back on the table, glaring at her husband.

Uh-oh.

"If you do that... you'll break the rules. Elios." She said roughly and loud. Her usually soft eyes held an unbreakable glare that could kill a man. "What rules? I'm the King, and since generations-" he started protesting, but was stopped by his wife.

"42 years ago, the rules changed. The King couldn't get a male next-in-line before his wife died, so I became the next to wear the crown. Just like now. I am the Queen. I am the rules. The only reason you are King is due to our marriage." She said, before looking at you and continuing: "And as the highest in command in this kingdom, since a Royalty of pure Sleen-blood is placed higher than a due-marriage Royalty, I forbade pre-arranged marriages for my dearest daughters. And I still haven't changed my mind. If I say she stays Grand General, she stays. Don't stay stuck in the past, Elios. Those days are over." She finally ended her rage as she took a sip of her wineglass. The King couldn't do anything else but look down at his plate in defeat. When it came to it, she was more powerful than him.

And oh, how he hated it.

"(Y/n), don't worry. You will stay General." Your mother smiled kindly at you. You nodded, but couldn't ignore the pure hateful glares your father threw at his daughters.

And for the first time in your life,

Also at his wife.