04

"Has he woken up yet?",I enter the cave with some game I had caught. Alison sits next to him against the wall. She wasn't able to walk well anymore, her baby was coming soon.

"Nothing yet.. However his ribs seem to be letting up on the bruising.. The healing process is doing its job",she makes sure to smile extra large to me.

"I can take the truth, you know",I sit on the floor in front of the fire pit and begin ripping the fur off the rabbits.

"Well in that case I don't see him waking up for a while.. A few days at least",she finally cracks and brings her fingers to her mouth to chew anxiously.

"But.. We have to leave tomorrow for human territory.. For your baby",I stop my actions.

"That's what Jasper and I talked about.. Unless I have a natural birth-"

"No. We're getting you to human territory for that baby. But I'm not leaving Ethan here. He can lay in the bed of the truck.. I'll sit back there with him",I force myself to stop any panic related thoughts from rising. I continue to rip fur out.

"Well.. It depends.. How far out is the truck?"

"Easily a mile and a half south"

She goes quiet after my answer, obviously getting lost in thought. Jasper returns a few minutes later and goes straight to his mate. He sits down and places a hand on her tummy. Rubbing slightly and kissing her forehead. I could feel my heart tug at the action and I had to look back at the fireless fire pit. Would I ever find my mate?..

I start a fire and begin to cook the meat. I mentally beg for the couple to go away from Ethan so I can go over to him. I turn the rabbits, trying to evenly cook them.

"Hey, I'll take over",Jasper suddenly sits down next to me,"because if at any moment he randomly wakes up.. He isn't gonna want to see Alison, he's gonna want to see you"

My heart flutters at his words, and I know they are true. I stand up and walk over, sitting down next to him. I touch his forehead, his foreheads cold. Reaching down I grab the fur blanket, as I lay down next to him. But I wasn't close enough. I move his arm, so its my pillow. My head lays on his chest and I smile at his heart beat that's loud and pounding in my ear. That was all I needed to hear to drift off to sleep. The fur lays over the both of us, our body heat making it seem like the fire- was us.

Please wake up.

---

"Here, just lay him carefully- don't let his head hit the truck",I hold his head up while Jasper lays him down in the bed of the truck. I sit down and slip my thighs under his head. I then lay his head on me for some comfort in case he wakes up. And to avoid any neck cramps.. And I just wanted him close to me..

Jasper helps Alison into the truck, then runs over to his side. The engine starts with a roar, and the bed of the truck shakes. I look down at my best friend. His face didn't show any signs of discomfort or pain, he looks at peace. I run my hands through his hair and smile, it's so unbelievably soft.

"Ready to go?",Jasper asks one last time.

"Let's go",I answer, not bothering to look away from my best friend.

So he starts driving. I drew out a map for him to follow last night, its going to be a couple day trip. I finally tear my eyes away from Ethan and look up at the trees, they look as if they touch the sky. I see something falling down and I squint my eyes to try and focus on it.

Snow.

A smile spreads across my face uncontrollably. The snow was light, probably going to be heavier the further we go. I watch as they dance down, falling onto my bare arms. They melt immediately, my body is still warm from the night before. Thunder growls in the distance and my heart drops, not a storm.

"Come here pup"

My head snaps down to the voice and I see Ethan staring intently at me. With a happy howl I wrap my arms around his torso. A low chuckle vibrates through his chest, his hand finds its way to my head. He pulls back, and our eyes meet for the first time in days. His eyes hold a fond look in them as he pulls my head back down to kiss my forehead.

"Don't be scared of the thunder.. I'm here",he says and sits himself up.

"How are you feeling?",I scoot closer to him so our shoulders are touching, ignoring his previous statement. But was still very relieved that he was there, and awake.

"I'm fine, but I should be asking you the same thing",his fingers brush against my shoulder,"are you okay?"

"Ethan. I'm not the one that was stuck under a tree, and passed out for days.. I'm fine",I lay my head on his shoulder and he snakes his arm around me.

"Wait where are we going?",he looks to Jasper and Alison in the front," why the hell is he driving my truck"

I push him back down as he tries to stand up. He flashes me an angry glare and I close my eyes, not wanting him to look at me like that," Alison has to get to human territory.. Her baby will be here in a few days"

He rolls his eyes and slides back down to a relax sitting position. The snow has started to come down even harder. There was an even layer on the bed of the truck and our legs. I look up to him next to me and feel a rush of heat along my cheeks. I reach up and poke his cheek as he looks over at me. I can tell he's worried, but I at least tried to lighten the mood?

"I'm sorry.. But this is my truck, I don't like other people driving it.. And the scene is different from when i last saw it.. And I still don't know how to think about them",he apologies and reaches down to grab my hand," I still want it to be just you and I"

My heart pounds in my chest as he intently looks down at me. The corners of his mouth turn up slightly. I could of sworn I saw his eyes dart down, but return to mine quickly. I tear my eyes away before I could do anything stupid. He wasn't looking at my lips. He couldn't have.

---------------

My feels for Ethan and Sierra are real (':

Multimedia:

Ig just a scene of the forest? Idk I thought it looked cool 😂😂

Yet again! I can't thank you enough for 500 reads ❤❤

Have a nice week 😄