32

Ethan jumps up suddenly and bites the closest thing he can get to. In this case he bites into the Alphas ear and jerks with strength. The Alpha is Quick, but Ethan is Strong.  My heart beat quickens as I see Ethan spring back to life.

The Alpha howls as his ear rips from his head. Ethan is furious, he's fuming with rage, and he barks loudly,"You ever dare talk or even think about my mate again, I'll rip you to shreds again", Ethan sinks his teeth into his opponents neck and begins to drag the body around. I recognize it as Ethan's wolf. His voice is deeper, he even appears larger. Ethan must be too weak to continue. I always feel distant when his wolf takes over, his wolf doesn't take little second glances at me. He doesn't do the little things that Ethan does. But his wolf is lethal; dangerous.. And it was definitely showing now.

The Alpha howls helplessly as his life drifts out of him. Ethan stands above the lifeless form with rage. His breaths are short but rough. The wolves stare at Ethan with horror, they all begin to back away.

"All of you stand before your new Alpha", Ethan snarls deeply, his head turns up and he howls,"pack up. We leave in an hour",no wolf moves a muscle. So Ethan growls," Now"

They all flee back to their pack site. Ethan stands above the opposite Alpha. Blood still drips from his mouth, I refrain from approaching him til he's calmed down. The betas all follow the wolfs, probably to make sure non run away. Ethan's breath is still heavy and I can still hear it from where I sit.

I stay a distance, but look away from the dead body. It isn't exactly pleasing to see. I watch birds fly tree to tree. They sing beautifully, I even notice the small critters running around. I wonder if they know what's just happened. In no time the earth will take the Alphas body and bloom a tree. They'll have a new tree to call home.

"Sierra"

My ears perk up as I walk to him. I don't have any hesitation, I know he'd never do anything to me, with his wolf in charge or not. He brings me a few yards away from the body and lays down.

"I don't know what happened. I didn't even offer him to surrender", guilt fills in my chest from him. His wolf was slowly letting Ethan resurface. I lay down next to him and he lays his head on my back. He looks into the distance in silence. I wait until he's somewhat relaxed. Although with his wolf, he won't be able to relax completely.

"I noticed.. I'm sure your Alpha instincts kicked in and you listened. It doesn't make you a bad person. It is going to be a small challenge. We'll have to do another Alpha bonding with the new wolves. And we don't have enough houses built for them", I look down at my paws, and see there's some blood on them from the ground. I don't let it bother me though, I just can't.

"I'm sure I could find some wolfs to help build houses.. I have a group of wolves in mind", Ethan says more to himself than me. I don't say anything, I just listen. I listen to him rant for an hour until the wolves came back. He gets up immediately at the sight from them and gets ready to lead. His wolf takes full charge again. I know Ethan currently doesn't have the strength to be able to make it home. I make a mental note to thank his wolf for being able to carry Ethan through the fight and home. I make my way to stand beside him and we're on our way.

The moment we step onto our territory a calming wind blows through my fur.

Home.

Ethan leads us to the middle of the village. His form was slightly shaking from exhaustion. But he forces himself to speak loudly and he clears his throat", this is your new territory wolves! I do understand the lack of room for you. We've recently had to temporary relocate due to some demons in the area. But once your new pack members arrive, the buildings will begin. You all will stay in the meeting house, the Elders house and a few may stay..", he looks around the village than sighs in relief," in the library!"

Ethan then motions the Betas to walk forward," These are your Betas, Jasper, Tim, and Ryan", Ethan smiles to me," your lovely Luna Sierra,"then he takes a deep breath in," and I'm your Alpha, Ethan. My Betas will guide you all into your temporary living arrangements"

The wolves listen to our Beta's without a word. I stand next to Ethan until all of them are out of sight. My nose pokes him to get his attention and he turns around to look at me. I know how tired he is, but I also know how much he has to do before he's able to come home and finally lay down.

"I'm going to shower", I inform him. He just nods and pokes my cheek gently for approval. I hurry to our house. As quick as I can I'm shifted back to a human and running up the stairs.

I'm flipping through channels when I hear the front door downstairs close. I glance out of my bedroom window and see that it's pitch black outside. Ethan's been out all day, and killed an Alpha to add to it. I hear some noises downstairs but stay put under the sheets. I wait patiently for him to come upstairs.

-

I lean against the front door after it closes. My ears pick up some noise from upstairs and I recognize it as the tv. My shoes are thrown off, my shirt as well.

Im so tired.., I vent to my wolf, he still carries me up the stairs.

I know Ethan. I'll get you to your bed then you need to rest. I'm not offering it, I'm commanding it. You fought well Ethan you should be proud of yourself. I'm still in awe that I was able to carry you through. I think this experience brought us closer, my wolf speaks sternly but with raw emotion.

Tears slip down my cheeks without me knowing. I open the door and see Sierra curled up in bed. Her hair falls loosely on her shoulders, her eyes are locked in mine. Her lips curl into a small smile as she motions for me to come to bed. I happily do so but once I pass her side she gasps loudly.

"Oh Ethan! Your back- I need to get you to the bathroom", she jumps up and runs to the bathroom door swinging it open. I curse under my breath and follow her. She's already getting bandages, gauze, and stuff I don't pay any attention to. I sit backwards on the toilet lid so she can tend to the sores on my back.

"It really isn't the bad Sierra", I attempt to speak to her," tomorrow, or the day after I'll shift again and I should be healed"

"So between now and then you're just supposed to suffer? I don't think so", she runs a rag under warm water in the sink. She doesn't know it, but I can watch her in our bathroom mirror- and I do. I watch her serious facial expressions. The way she bites her lip when she thinks something she's doing will hurt me, it's nothing but a slight burn. I personally think it's not worth it to do all this to me just for me to heal. But if I say anymore I'm throwing my opportunity to watch her. To memorize all the little details.

"I love you", I say aloud. Her soft eyes meet mine in the mirror, but it catches her off guard that I'm already looking right back. I watch in awe as her cheeks turn a soft pink, making her beauty marks glow under her eyes. Her dimples grow as she smiles, and she shakes her head slightly.

"And I love you Ethan", she lets out a small laugh and continues to dab a wound. I feel my heart swell, but it's a mutual feeling between us. I can tell she feels it too by the sudden intake of breath she has. We both wear the biggest and goofiest grins. So young and in love! She's the only one I want by my side when it comes down to it. My everything, my all. And my next words have us falling a little bit harder for each other.

"This is a moment that I'd choose to keep forever"

-------

Does this make up for the cliffhanger last chapter?! I hope so!!

Ethan and Sierra give me such feels like ugh 😫👋🏻

-Kayla xoxo