23

"Callista..", I reach out my hand for a shake but she only glares at my hand.

"Nice to meet you Ethan. But I don't shake hands", she tightens the gloves covering them.

Then it hit me, witches can't risk bleeding. She obviously doesn't trust me to not harm her.

"My apologies, but its a pleasure to meet you as well. Please, have a seat", I motion to the chair on the opposite of the desk. She nods and sits gently, not making a sound," what brings you here to Aurora Australis?"

"We are going to have to bump up the joining date. Two days from today we will perform it, instead of a week"

"And why is this?"

"The demons aren't finding life sources. They are surrounding packs, and even our witches", she glares to the ground in disgust," they've gotten some of us. And I won't sit here and tolerate it any longer"

"You'll have to forgive me, but I'm still new to this," I admit to her," what can we do to stop them?"

"We have to leave"

"Leave?.. And go where?"

"We have to do this quite often.. Its when everyone retreats to the mountains for at least a week.. The demons will see that no body is on the territory and they will leave", it seemed simple enough, but there's no way it could be this easy.

"The catch?", I question her.

"Vampires, Witches, and Werewolves are going to be forced to live together.. And its no tea party"

"Is anyone in charge there?"

"Me, you, and Lucifer..", she brings her hand to her chin to rest," its going to be mostly on Lucifer and I.. Considering you aren't familiar with much.. But you will learn with time.. Being the Alpha of all werewolves.."

Guilt rises inside me.. I am Alpha.. and now I've just found out I'm the Alpha of all Alphas. Pressure couldn't be worse.. But I have to confirm.

"Can.. You explain the "Alpha of all werewolves".. I'm a bit confused.."

"Every pack has an Alpha, right? Well you are the Alpha to those Alphas, making you the Alpha of all wolves.. Like I, am the most powerful Witch alive.. Lucifer is the oldest vampire.. You just happened to challenge- and beat The Alpha. You should feel proud Ethan, you're the first Alpha that's not from their blood line!", she squeals a little too much.

Proud is the last emotion on my mind.

---

"Talia!", I grin as she hurries over to me. I can't help but notice how happier she seems," you look great!"

"Aw thanks hon!", she spins before hugging me," I truly feel alive now.. Alexander has been helping too.. I feel so good from just a few days- I can't imagine how forever is going to feel"

"I'm so happy for you! You deserve it after everything you've been through!", I hug her tighter, she returns the hug. Suddenly she tenses up, her fingers digging into my waist," Talia?!"

"Oh my god", she doesn't let me turn around, instead she brings me closer- and as tight as she physically can. Her voice is now a whisper," A demon.."

With those words I push her away from me enough to turn around. Her arms are locked around my waist tight. My body freezes at the sight of it. Its easily 7 feet high in the air. All I could see is that it has a skeleton skull for a head and long, pointy, boney, fingers. There's black fog flowing out of its dark cloak. Against the warm bright meadow in the background, it looks unreal.

"H-hello", I rush out, taking a few steps back.

Its mouth turns up in a toothy grin.

I'm here to receive a life source. Do you have one for me?

Its voice echo's through my head, I can tell that Talia heard it too because her arms tighten.

"I've never seen a demon either.. I have no idea how to defeat those"

"Well those only come out at night.. Right?"

"Correct.. In fact I'm pretty surprised we've never come across one.. I know that they want a soul in trade for you keeping yours.. Just give them a rabbit or something"

I laugh at his last comment.

I take a deep breath after the memory of Ethan flashes through my head," you aren't supposed to be out in the day time"

That's correct. However, there's some of us that are gifted. I don't need to go into detail with you. Your time is limited to get me a life source. If you fail to do so, you have to hand your own soul over.

"Ok", I squeal as I grab Talia's hand. I break out into a sprint to the meeting building- Ethan has to be there. I look behind us multiple times, afraid the demon was following us.

I burst through the doors, looking around for Ethan.

"Hello Sierra", Tim walks up to me with a smile.

"Where's Ethan?!", I whisper loudly. I couldn't find it in me to speak in a normal tone.

"The office", his eyebrows arch in concern," is everything ok?"

"No", I continue to pull Talia who's behind me. I don't bother knocking on the door as I push it open.

"Sierra?", Ethan reaches out his arm to which I happily cuddle into,". Are you ok?"

"A demon wants a life source from Talia and I", I mumble into his shoulder.

"What? Did it hurt you", he tightens his grip around me. If anyone else squeezes me any tighter I might just explode.

"N"- I couldn't even get out a word before Alexander runs into the office.

"Oh my god- Sierra you are quick on your feet", he breaths heavily," I spoke to the demon after you ran off"

"What did it say?", Ethan speaks for me, which irritates me.

"You two only have 24 hours to find a life source.. We need to get one immediately- other demons are speaking to our pack. Soon there's going to be no life anywhere near here!", he grabs Talia's arm," I'm going to help you ok? But we have to go"

They run out of the building, and I take one glance at Ethan before he's storming outside.

----------------

Multimedia: The Demon

I apologize for not updating. Things are a bit crazy right now! But there will be two updates right after this to make up for the missed Mondays ❤