09

I refuse to shift, my urge to go back to Ethan was too strong. I still couldn't believe he'd left me standing there like that. I was completely at loss for words. Him saying goodbye was harder than losing my parents, he's my best friend and we've been through everything together.

I step over yet another fallen log, and continue walking. I'm nearly to the city and yet nothing. I have no idea where I'm going to find him, my wolf doesn't sense him or smell him. What the hell?!

This was probably a terrible idea.. Maybe I should just reject him and go back to Ethan.. But my wolf would never allow me, she's too eager to finally see her mate and love him.

You know it would be nice if your senses could kick in and tell me where our mate is, I talk to my wolf.

Well maybe if you shift than I could, she snaps angrily.

I decide to ignore her after that. I wouldn't have any control if she took over and I simply couldn't risk that.

My feet finally meet concrete as I enter the side of the city. I could see the hospital and pub from where I stand and it makes my heart nearly explode. Ethan and I sharing a milkshake pops into my mind and I have to blink several times to get rid of the memory.

I'm getting something. Head East, my wolf commands. I could feel her on edge. I believe her and turn left. I walk past several humans, and each one I past my heart skips faster.

I sense him! I sense him! My wolf howls so loud and proud, I almost made a sound myself. My quick walking pace soon quickens to a jog. In a few minutes I'm sprinting. The feeling that overwhelms my senses was a feeling I couldn't describe. My head was blurry with the far scent of him. I was picking it up now.

"Hey- watch it!"

"Woah what the hell?!"

"Move!"

Humans shout at me as I bump past them, I could care less about them at this very moment. All I was focused on was my mate. He wasn't far.

Go south! My wolf barks, he's moving around!

Why?! I question, but listen to her. I turn a sharp right and nearly run straight into the street.

I look left and right until its clear and rush across the street, I meet with the sidewalk again and continue my fast sprint. I carefully dodge people as I go, his scent becoming stronger.

I took in one long inhale, his scent devouring my senses. I close my eyes to truly enjoy the feeling, and I run face first into a firm body.

---

I didn't leave her in the woods, right then. I followed her, I wasn't going to just let her leave my life like that. Instead I followed her to the city, she was way faster considering her motivation. She knew she had to get to the city, so she made it a priority. I need to see what her mate looks like, give my judgment.

I stood a street down from her as she looks back and forth at the street. I could've sworn she was just going to run for it. Its good to know her head was still on straight. I walk across the street with a group of humans to hide myself, and my scent. I know she knew it, the way I knew hers.

I make my way down the opposite of the street, keeping a close eye on her. I couldn't help but notice how much attention she was drawing to herself, she looks like a mad woman.

Draw them away from her, my wolf snarls protectively as humans bump into her shoulders. I make no effort to ignore him, I grab a bike that's tied up with a chain. Ripping the chain off, I start swinging it at light poles. It's causing quite a distraction. I could feel human eyes burning into me at all angles.

"Hey man! That's my bike!", a boy runs up to me, easily late teens.

"And what are you going to do?",I growl down at him. His eyes widen and I could see him struggling to swallow.

"I'm not asking for trouble, just.. Please give me my chain and I'll leave you alone",he says, his hands noticeably shaking.

I snicker at the terrified kid in front of me. I then look over my shoulder at Sierra, she's still running.

"Damn it",I curse under my breath and drop the chain to the ground.

"Thanks!?",the kid yells with confusion in his voice, but I could tell he didn't want to question me further.

I start off with a jog, attempting to catch up to her. I didn't even try to dodge people at this point. If I ran into them who the hell cares? They won't say anything to me. I'm too intimidating.

That's when I see him.

He was running down the side of the street Sierra was on. He was running impossibility faster than she was. I didn't have to stand next to him to see how much he towers over me.

Then they run into each other. I could tell Sierra was shocked, but the man easily brought his arms around her to lift her up. He was more muscular than I was.. I lean against a random building, feeling all the air in my chest escape. Her arms slide effortlessly around his neck, and they embrace each other like that for what seems like forever. Tears fill my eyes and I don't bother to hold them back. I don't have the strength for it. My hand covers my mouth to hide sobbing noises.

The man cups her face with his hand and begins to kiss her. It hurts worse than I ever thought it would. My chest twists and pinches at the sight, my body starts shaking. I've never felt so weak before in my life..

And maybe it was because my strength just kissed another man.

--------------

If you got confused the "---" in the middle of the chapter separates Sierras and Ethan's P.O.V <3

Come to find out I quite enjoy writing from his view 🤔

I absolutely love the attention the last chapter got!! Feel free to comment, I love talking with you all!

Xoxo ~Kayla