This is the second time in my life that I've not recognized the girl in front of me. She looks up to the ceiling with an unreadable expression. She hasn't said a word in days, she doesn't eat either. In fact she hasn't left the bed in days. Her ankle was badly broken, and thank god the pack had a doctor that was able to fix it.

"Ethan? Sir?", Alexander pokes his head into the room.

"Yes?", I let my eyes leave Sierra and meet Alex's," can I help you with something?"

"There's a meeting in 10 minutes.. I thought I'd let you know so we can walk over there together", he's fully in the room now, his hands folded in front of him.

"Yes.. Um I'll be out in a few minutes"

"I'll be outside sir", Alex bows and closes the door after him.

I grab Sierras hand and place it against my cheek," this is the last meeting before I'm Alpha.. I shift tonight.. And to be honest you're the only one I really want there.. I could never ask you to come in the condition you're in, it's just an experience me and you should have. Not me and these- people", I inhale and exhale before letting Sierras hand go," I don't know how to be an Alpha Sierra.. I'm a bit scared..", I admit to her.

Her eyes are closed now, I know about a pinch of the pain she's in. When we were teens I came across my dead mate with a bunch of other wolfs, and I felt a little bit of pain. But she witnessed me kill her mate. I couldn't imagine what she's going through. Leaning down, I place my head against her forehead.

"I'll see you later pup..", I whisper against her skin then leave the room.

I meet Alexander out side.

"Ready to go sir?", he smiles at me.

"Please just call me Ethan", I was feeling awkward as it is being around so many people. But Jasper knew how it would be and he prepared me," is Jasper already there?"

"Yes he arrived around an hour ago. We figured you would rather be with Sierra, and you weren't needed at the time so we let you stay home. However we must prepare you for your shifting tonight. We've waited long enough as a pack without a leader- good thing the full moon is tonight", he rambles on as we near the building.

I zone out the rest of him. I raise my head up a beautiful mix of orange, blue, and purple blend in the sky. The sun had nearly set, and it paints the sky.

"Here we are Ethan", Alexander opens the door for me, he waits for me to walk in first before he follows.

"Hello sir", four men in the room bow down to me.

"That won't be necessary", I absolutely hate the fate that they don't call me by my name, and that they bow to me. I'm just another guy, its not like I'm a god," my names Ethan and until I'm Alpha that's what you call me"

"Yes s- Ethan.. Well, may we begin?", here they go asking for my permission.

"Yes we may", I play along and sit down at the large table. Everyone sits down, Jasper is across from me. He just smiles.

"So everyone is aware of tonight? Everyone will meet at the cliff?", a man speaks and my annoyance grows.

"Look I don't know anyone's name in here can we please introduce our self's," I honestly just want to go home to my cave but I'm stuck here until someone either kills me or my offspring gets to a certain age.

"Marcus"

"Alexander

"Jasper"

"Tim"