33

I open my front door and breathe in the fresh air. Today feels like it's going to be just right. Closing my door behind me I start toward the village.

"Alpha!"

I turn around and see Ryan, Tim, and Jasper running toward me. What the hell. I meet them half way and take in their current state. They're frantic, shaking, and speechless. They can't seem to choke out what's wrong.

"Well someone better tell me!", I shout at my Betas. Ryan just points behind them. So I shove past and nearly fall to my knees once I reach the meadow. Demons. Hundreds- thousands of demons stand on the edge of my meadow right on the line on my territory.

"Explain yourself", I shout to them. Well my wolf does, he doesn't seem to have a fear of anything. They separate to create a walk way. This means somethings coming through. I tighten my fist and nudge my feet so I'm sturdy on the ground. The one supernatural that I know nothing about is standing in front of me. Not just one- thousands. Who knows what could walk before me.

"You're the Alpha of this pack correct?",one demon speaks in my mind.

"Correct", I loudly answer. Suddenly the ground starts vibrating underneath me. My Betas tremble and I back up so they can grab ahold of me for balance.

A 7 foot tall demon walks in. He has black fog emitting from underneath him, it goes on for yards. A large hood covers any evidence of a face. He seems to have no space limit as he walks towards us. The ground continues to shake but I've gained my balance to be able to stand straight.

"So you're the Alpha that took my bait huh?", the demon speaks but when he speaks you can hear it outside of your head. Unlike the other demons.

"I'm not aware of what you mean", not having Marcus here to speak is odd.

"You just killed Anthony! The vampires were supposed to kill them! Then I was going to have all of them in one spot", he's beyond rage. He's beyond any emotion I've ever witnessed," you ruined my plan!"

"We apologize for ruining anything! We were unaware of your plans-", Sierra suddenly walks into the meadow wearing a robe. Are you kidding me? I growl protectively at her entrance with barely anything covering her. She has a past with this.

"I will not speak to a peasant-"

"Woah hey there watch it", I snap at the demon," why don't you properly introduce who the hell you are. And why you think it's okay to just step onto my territory acting in such a way"

"I'm going to question your way of Ruling "Alpha". Where the hell is Isaiah. He was in on my plan- he perfectly respected and understood and agreed to help with it even!", the demon gets closer but I put my hand up.

"Isaiah is gone. Ethan now runs things. And as for calling me a peasant. I'm the Luna, so if I were you I'd start respecting me," Sierra walks in front of me with her fists balled up," and like hell we would just throw a pack to be offered as bait so you can reach the vampires. You can walk in day light- why don't you just get them when they're in their coffins?"

"Demons are banished from the tombs vampires rest in. They have been since the beginning of time. Other people had the same thought process. You don't know even the slightest of what the vampires have done to us. They're the reason we resort to people like you to give us life forms. At one point we were able to kill on our own.. Now we suffer and starve", the demon shakes his head.

I understand. I understand completely, well as much as my brain can't process. Sierra seems at lost for words so I stand next to her. Reaching down I grab her hand and speak with confidence.

"I understand. And I deeply apologize for all you've been through. I hope you can forgive us for being harsh toward you in any way. You've got to see that we feel attacked with you coming onto my territory like this. If you'd like I want to take this conversation into my office. I can't take all of you so if you'd pick a few to follow we can make this happen", I speak as calmly as I can to the demon.

"I'm willing to work with you", he points to 3 demons and he motions for them to follow us. I lead us through the village. My new part of my pack all run inside from the sight of the demons. I don't blame them. But my pack that's on their way home would know how to handle demons. I doubt these guys have ever seen one. I go into the meeting room and wait for everyone to sit down before I do.

"Ok. I'll introduce my Betas, my Luna, and I", I point to each person," That's Ryan, Tim, Jasper, Sierra and I'm Ethan"

"Demons don't have names.. How new are you to this?", he leans closer on the table," surely you've been in packs before. You should know that"

"Well... Sierra and I were in a pack when we were much younger. We've been on our own until nearly a year ago and now I'm Alpha"

"I see... My name isn't a sound"

"It isn't a sound?", Sierra questions him. Well if she didn't ask than I would've.

"Demons have had to learn your dreadful language. We speak through our minds. Do you even have a clue on how difficult it is to learn sound? I'd rather spend a thousand years burning in hell. Well that's where all those Vampires are headed. Serves them right", he taps his nails against the table," us demons are immortal.. We don't die, we reincarnate. So sometime in either thousands or millions of years this duel against vampires will end. I just don't want to wait that long"

"So what can I do on my end to help you. Letting you use a pack of wolves as bait is completely out of the question", I lean forward against the table. Offering to help is what's best to being my pack a good name.

"Then you are no help to me.."

"I won't continue to give my pack a bad name. I don't want people to fear us"

"Then how do you plan to rule, Ethan? People don't live civil out here. If anything you should be happy people do fear your pack. It puts you at the top.. I don't understand why you want to throw that away. Isaiah did everything in his power to have others fear this pack. And now.. You want to soften it.. I apologize but I'm truly confused"

"I'm not Isaiah. I'm not part of his lineage. I see things differently. But if there's nothing I can do. I do apologize once again. But I will send my Betas to lead you off the property. By all means, if anything happens and you need my help. Drop by any time", I dismiss the demons, and they are quick to flee out of the room. I see Sierra glance over at me.

"What are we supposed to do when Lucifer returns? Our pack should be here anytime. Lee and Lucifer are both angry with us. We can't have wolves continue to go to human territory and get blood bags. My opinion is we cancel this agreement with the Vampires. Look at what they've done to the demons. What makes anyone think they won't screw us over too?", she stands up from her chair and walks to the end of the room," these demons seem to be trustworthy. Maybe we should make an agreement with them?"

I rub my temples and let her words sink in," Love the vampires are trustworthy. I know for a fact they won't go against what we've agreed with them. Their protection at night and our protection in the day. Without each other we'd be swept away by these Demons. Just because one demon comes and tells us this doesn't mean we drop everything. This is now our time to show everyone how trustworthy we can truly be. Get everyone on our good side"

She nods slowly. Then she says quietly.

"Then let's get you ready to connect with our new wolves"

-------

A day late. Whoops! Please ignore all typos, I wrote this really quick so I apologize!

-Kayla xoxo