38

I stare in the mirror at my neck. I stretch and turn my head, watching the slowly healing bite. I have an obsession over it. I find it beautiful, maybe because its what binds Ethan and I together forever.

"Still looking at it?", Talia pokes her head in at me.

"I can't help it..", I blush slightly and run my fingers over it," how about you? Still all giddy from your new title?"

"Remember Sierra. I have two new titles.. A Beta and a girlfriend", she smirks and leans against the doorframe then drags herself around the room. Walking in circles," you know I actually saw Ethan having a civil conversation with Alex earlier? Ugh I almost fainted."

I made Talia my personal Beta at the binding ceremony. Jasper, Tim and Ryan are still Ethan's. I wanted Allison, but who would watch Logan? Alexander asked out Talia a while ago. Although Talia just never told me.

I laugh at her dramatic sigh," Ethan had his reasons.. but I'm glad he's being civil"

"I agree- oh"

I look to her and see her looking past me. My head turns to the door and there stands Ethan.

"My ears are ringing, I heard my name?"

"Nothing important. Have you seen Alex?", Talia is quick to change the subject.

"He's speaking with Marcus at his place", his eyebrow raises in question," I can go if you two-"

"No need", Talia hurries from the room. Ethan watches her go down the stairs and I hear the front door shut.

"What the hell?"

I shrug and fold my hands in front of me," what ya been up to?"

"Quit that innocent bullshit", he smiles and hugs me from behind. His head rests on my shoulder and he looks at me through the mirror," you're absolutely stunning"

"Our wedding is tomorrow", I bite my lip to hold back my smile. We have had the "Luna" ceremony, but now we have one for us being Mates and the pack welcoming me.

"Its not a wedding", his eyebrows furrow in frustration," thats a stupid human tradition"

"I know... but it sounds a lot more romantic than a "Alpha and Luna Gather" like... I don't know...", I sigh and meet his eyes through the mirror," its stupid altogether. The pack has been calling me Luna from the start. I lack to see a reason to have a Gather to start calling me it. A wedding sounds like more fun"

"Do you want a ring?"

"I'd love a ring"

"Is my mark not good enough?"

"My father always got me books from the human malls. They're to blame for my hopeless romantic trait"

"Well hopeless explains it. A ring is materialistic. Worthless and an item that wont last forever. You see this?", his lips brush against the mark. A shiver goes down my spine," this is forever baby"

I look down and nod my head," yeah... you're right.. well we have that important meeting.. we should get to that", I slip from his grip and leave the house with him. I wave to our pack and enter the meeting hall. Marcus is in the office already writing on many papers.

"Whats all this?", I sit next to him and lean my head on my hand.

"The council... I'm informing them of you two recently mating and the introduction of yours truly", he points to me and tries to smile at me but his face sags due to stress.

"The council..", I repeat," they visited our old pack a few times.. my dad wasn't too fond of them. "They aren't ones to create peace.. rather they seek a more violent matter" is what he'd always say at the dinner table.. but my dad was an Omega so of course he felt that way", I realize I'm thinking out loud when Marcus suddenly answers me.