06

Our paws battle the ground, tearing up the dirt. I still feel light headed from the previous hour, Ethan had kissed me.

Of course.. I'm sure he meant it to reassure me in some friendly way. He was always one to overly show emotions. He keeps glancing over at me every once in a while, and I could faint every time he does. My heart keeps racing suddenly then stops. My head just feels fuzzy altogether. My nerves were overwhelmed, I honestly felt sick.

"Ethan I have to stop"

He immediately holts to a stop. Nausea washes over me, I drop my clothes out of my mouth and turn around. I get sick and start throwing up.

"Sierra...",Ethan walks up next to me and lowers his head in worry. I huff loudly, and the nausea passes. I back up from the spot,"Sierra talk to me"

"I-I don't know. I just feel sick",I lay down, still in wolf form. If I'm feeling sick now, as soon as I shift it'll be worse.

"Just relax, we'll stay here until you feel better.. Are you hungry?"

I shake my head and rest on my legs. Ethan doesn't budge, he stays standing watching over me. Nausea comes again and I'm back to throwing up.

--

I lay against Ethan's large wolf form. He continuously nuzzles between my ears for comfort. It just makes me feel sicker.

"How are you feeling pup?"

"Terrible",I whimper slightly and look up toward the sky. It was near dark now, and we had been in wolf form nearly all day. My joints were sore from it. I couldn't risk shifting, it would be too painful. I've kept trying to get Ethan to shift but he says he won't let me suffer alone.

"I'm sorry.. I wish I knew why",he lays his head on top of mine. I could tell he was alert. His head would twitch slightly whenever a branch cracked. I want to let sleep take over, but I can't risk me falling asleep and something happen. I need to be alert too.

"You need to shift Ethan.. Even for just an hour"

"No

"But you need your strength.. I'm not able to fight right now.."

He doesn't answer me, I'm sure he's ignored me. Because he continues to lay next to me highly alert. The ground starts to vibrate beneath us.

"Sierra let me up"

I get off from laying against him and he immediately stood. His large body towers from this angle. I follow where his eyes look and see absolutely nothing but trees. But the ground vibrates harsher, it's not an earth quake, something is nearing. Suddenly headlights flicker between trees and I howl happily. The familiar sound of Ethan's truck fills my ears, Ethan relaxes a bit.

"Ethan? Sierra?",Jasper pulls up with a giant smile on his face,"well I'll be damned! I was on my way back to the city"

"Speaking of the city",Ethan growls and begins to shift. I quickly turn my head away, a blush coating my cheeks. I hear him get dressed and he makes a clicking sound with his mouth to let me know I can look,"how dare you take off with my truck"

"I apologize, Alison had to shift.. It was getting very painful for her not doing so"

"Where is she?",I question and try to lift myself off the ground but fail miserably. Ethan is by my side in a second and he runs his fingers through my fur.

"Laying down in the back seat. She's extremely exhausted, and the baby is even more exhausted",he chuckles.

"I'm gonna shift so we can go",I look to Ethan and he nods, he turns around and walks a few feet away. I wait for Jasper to stop staring at me, he obviously didn't hear me or get the hint of Ethan's current position.

"Look away",Ethan growls deeply at him. Jasper looks away quickly and I shift.

My stomach turned and I vomit yet again before I could get dressed.

"Come on pup.. Its time to go home..", Ethan speaks softly, his back still towards me. I nod, forgetting he couldn't see me. I dress myself and walk as fast as I can to the truck. I nearly fall but Ethan's there to steady me,"Sierra I'm really worried about you.."

"I'm fine",I force out and open the truck door. He helps me up, then closes the door afterwards. He runs to the other side of the truck and gets in the drivers side, that Jasper had climbed out of a few minutes before. He starts the engine, turns around and drives off toward the cave.

And I doze off.

"Think we're ever going to run into something?",Ethan drags his feet, obviously bored.

"Well.. I know where human territory is, but that's not where I wanna be right now",I shrug and take a bite out of my cooked bird.

We've been walking for weeks now. Our last home had gotten flushed away by a storm. We were stupid teenagers that wanted to mess around with some humans. Werewolf's are extremely attractive to humans, I don't exactly know how it works but its just the way it is. Ethan was tired of being a virgin, his hormones running wild. I didn't mind waiting for my mate, its what's the natural thing to do. It was a full moon that night, so staying in town didn't last too long. And here we are, back in the woods again.

"Hey do you smell that?",Ethan suddenly stops and looks frantically around. I sniff the air, but fail to smell anything.

"No I smell nothing"

"Oh my god its amazing",he starts running North. I don't hesitate to run after him, dodging trees left and right.

"ETHAN"

The sight laid before me had me paralyzed. There laid not one, not two, but three dead people. I couldn't look at Ethan, my eyes are locked on the bloody scene.

"W-why did my wolf bring me here...",he pulls his hair and falls to his knees.

"W-We gotta go Ethan",I pull at his arm and close my eyes to avoid looking at the scene. I wouldn't except the fact that one of these bodies could've been his mate.

"Sierra"

I wake up breathing heavily, Ethan's hand in on my arm.

"Are you ok?",he asks softly.

"I just had a dream.. Remember when we were 15.. And your wolf brought us-"

I couldn't finish speaking and Ethan stops the truck. He turns his body and by the look on his face he already knows what I'm talking about.

"You don't have to think about those times, they're over"

---------

Little dream she had was also a flashback.. Should I do more flashbacks, it would help with getting to know Sierra and Ethan better and you would get longer chapters... Let me know

OVER ONE THOUSAND READS?!?!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! 😍😘

THANK YOU!!