The Girl of the Forest

»May 5, 1980«
4:00 p.m.

A young girl plays out in the forest, chasing a blue butterfly. Her laughs are heard by the forests' inhabitants, who try their best to ignore and go about their day.

"Athena!" A voice shouts in the distance, causing birds to fly off and deer to run away. The girls laughing stupid and she abandons the butterfly.

Her long brown curls fall to her midback as she looks over towards a house in the distance. She picks up a fallen stick and runs towards the wooden house, where her father stands on the deck.

"Yes papa?" She asks with a smile, abandoning the stick on the ground and approaching the deck, looking up at him.

It was obvious at first glance that she is his daughter, not by their facial features, she got them from her mother. She, however, has his dark brown hair.

"Gather your stuff, your going to stay at the Weasley's tonight," he says, smiling down at his daughter as she walks up the stairs.

"Where are you and mama going?" She asks, following him into the house.

"Your mother and I have to go somewhere for the night, sweetie," he explains with a reassuring smile, I promise you we will be back in the morning to pick you up,"

Athena smiles at this, "Okay papa!" She says and skips off to her room. Her father watches as she goes. For a six year old, she sure is smart. He frowns, getting a feeling something bad will happen.

He shrugs it off and goes to finish preparations, assuring himself that everything will be okay and that the three of them will be together again.

Athena enters her room, the floor covered in plush dragons, toy brooms, fake wands, etc. She smiles when she sees her mom packing a bag with Athena's clothes.

"Mama!" Athena says, running over and climbing into her bed and watching her mother.

Athena's mother smiles down at her daughter, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear before going back to work.

"Guess what!" Athena speaks again, a wide smile on her young face. Her mother walks over to Athena's dresser before returning to the bed, tossing a pair of pants in the bag.

"What is it, darling?" She asks, smiling at Athena before zipping up the bag.

"I get to go to Charlie's house!" She replies and her mother laughs before helping her down from the bed.

"That's right," her mother says, holding her hands as they walk out of her room, "but you have to remember to listen to what Charlie's parents say,"

"I know, mama," Athena replies as they enter the main room where her father stands, waiting for them.

"We ready?" He asks, running a hand through his brown hair while watching his wife and daughter walk towards him.

"Yes, I'm ready!" Athena says excitedly, dropping her mother's hand and running forward to grab her father's and beyond to try and pull him towards the door, "can we go now, please!"

He chuckles at this before nodding, "Alright, we can go now,"

"Yay!" Athena says and rushes towards the door, her parents following close behind.

5:00 p.m.

They finally arrive at the Weasley's home, the Burrow. The sun was starting to set, yet there was still enough light to see for miles.

Athena walks ahead of her parents towards the tall house, a smile on her face.

The door opens and a short, redheaded woman stands there, a warm and welcoming smile on her face.