The Astronomy Tower

The audio in this chapter is What's a Soulmate? by enchantinqs.

June 30, 1997
7:17 p.m.

She never did what Ginny suggested. She avoided sending a letter to Charlie because she feared that they would break up if she did. And she didn't want that.

What Athena is doing though is entering Hogwarts after her and other members of the Order were alerted of Death Eaters inside the castle. Athena has her wand drawn as she walks through the upper corridors she remembers from her time at Hogwarts.

She jumps back as a spell hits the wall beside her and she takes cover behind the corner she just turned and began firing spells at her attacker. Her eyes widen in shock as she barely dodged a killing curse.

"Stupify!" she yells as she quickly moves from the corner and quickly goes behind it. She listens as the Death Eater's unconscious body falls to the floor. She then returns to navigating the corridors when she meets anther Death Eater, ego smirks upon seeing Athena.

"Ah," he says slowly, wand raised and pointed at the brunette, "I was wondering when I would see you, miss Athena O'Connor,"

Athena narrows her eyes as she glares at the man, "who the fuck are you?" Athena snaps, "and how do you know my name?"

The man chuckles darkly, "how could I forget the daughter of the woman I killed so long ago," he says and Athena's eyes widen, "I'll kill you, finish half of my job,"

But before he could cat a spell at Athena, he is knocked off his feet and into a nearby wall. Athena jumps back but smiles when she sees Tonks there.

"Thanks," Athena says with a nod to the pink haired woman, ego smiles in return and they both navigate the corridors, looking for any Death Eaters.

"There were several up here," Tonks informs, "where could they have gone?"

"Maybe they tried running for it," Athena suggests, "they got what they came here for and they are now trying to escape," Tonks nods slowly.

"Then lets go hunt some Death Eaters,"

"Right behind ya," Athena says and follows Tonks as they race down to the lower floors, where they meet several confused and scared students.

"Have you seen any Death Eaters?" Tonks asks as Athena keeps watch. The students shake their heads before one, a blonde boy, speaks up.

"We saw some running towards the stairs," he explains, voice shaky. He is obviously a first year. Athena feels bad for the kid, his first year at Hogwarts and this is how he experiences it, "they looked in a hurry. Professor Snape was with them as well as that Malfoy kid. I don't like that Malfoy kid,"

Both Athena and Tonks bid farewell and thanks the blonde before joining the rest of the Order in fighting the fleeing Death Eaters.

8:25 p.m.

The fighting is over and the Death Eaters are gone. Athena and Tonks both hurry over to where everyone, the Order, Hogwarts staff, and students , are gathered and push their way to the front. Tonks leaves to go find Lupin while Athena goes over and stands next to Ginny.

Athena freezes when she sees Dumbledore lying on the ground, dead. She doesn't say anything, she doesn't cry at all. She is in shock. One of the greatest wizards of all time was just killed. No one could speak.

Athena looks behind her to see Hagrid and Harry walking through the crowd. Hagrid stops while Harry continues towards Dumbledore's body. Athena looks away from the scene as Harry starts to cry. Athena only looks up when Ginny walks over to Harry and holds him close to her.