The Year After

June 12, 1999
9:46 a.m.

It's been a year since the battle and everything is slowly going back to normal. Athena has officially moved in to Charlie's apartment and she couldn't be happier.

Athena rolls onto her right side and yawns before opening her eyes to see the sleeping face of her boyfriend. She smiles and reaches out to move a stand of his red hair, which is growing longer, out of his face.

Her stomach growls at her, informing her that it would like some food. With a sigh, she complies and climbs out of bed as quietly as possible, trying not to wake up Charlie.

She is suddenly pulled back into the bed by Charlie, now wide awake. She laughs as she sits up, straddling him. She looks down at him and runs a hand through her hair.

"Charlie, I need to make breakfast," she says, her voice soft as it always is in the mornings.

Charlie shakes his head in protest, "and is like to spend a day in bed with my beautiful girlfriend," he replies and Athena looks away, feeling a blush creep into her cheeks.

"Well, your beautiful girlfriend won't be so happy if she is denied food," she replies before bending down and pressing a kiss to his lips.

She feels his hand go to the back of her neck as an attempt to keep her there and she can't help but smile into the kiss. She pulls back and smiles down at him, "we both need to eat," she whispers before climbing off of him and the bed and leaves the room, Charlie staring after her.

Athena enters the kitchen and immediately starts breaking eggs into a bowl and starts to beat them. She stops, however, when there is a tap on a window. Athena walks over to the window and spots a tawny own sitting there, a letter in its beak.

She slides the window open and the owl hops in and allows Athena to take the letter, "who's it from?" Charlie's voice interrupts the silence as he walks into the room, eyes immediately landing on the owl.

Athena steps away from the owl, opening the letter and reading it, "it's from your mom," she informs Charlie, still scanning the contents of the letter, a smile appearing on "Bill and Fleur had their child. It's a girl, whom they've named Victoire. And Harry and Ginny are getting married in a few weeks and would like us to attend,"

June 12, 1999
4:36 p.m.

"Charlie!" Mrs Weasley exclaims, rushing out of the Burrow, "Athena, darling! It's so wonderful that you two came!"

Athena drops Charlie's hand and walks forward and embraces Mrs Weasley in a hug, "Bill and Fleur had their daughter and Harry and Ginny are getting married, I wouldn't miss this for the world," Athena says, stepping back and smiling at the red head woman.

"I won't hold you up any longer," Mrs Weasley says, leading them towards the Burrow, "I believe Fleur just put Victoire down for a nap, so you'll have to wait to see the little babe. Such a cute little girl. However, I believe Ginny needs some work on preparing for her wedding,"

Athena nods in response, "I'll be glad to help," she says as they enter the house. Instantly, the smell of something sweet hits her and she smiles. Fleur is currently in the kitchen, using magic to cook.

Fleur looks over as they enter and smiles warmly, "Charlie! Athena! It's so nice to see you both!" She says, her French accent sliding, stopping her cooking and walking forward and hugging Athena.

"We came almost as soon as we got the letter," Athena says, returning Fleur's hug before stepping back, "congratulations, by the way!"

Fleur's smile widens at Athena's words just as Bill walks in, "thank you! She is such a blessing but doesn't like to sleep at night," Fleur frowns a bit at the last part and Athena finally notices how tired she looks.