Romania

July 15, 1992
12:00 p.m.

Athena appears on a cliff, staring out at the green hills below. She turns around and sees a large building where several roars sound and a jet of fire is shot into the sky.

She begins alking towards the main entrance, her hands in her pockets and her brown hair tied into a long braid, which hangs over her.

"O'Connor!" A voice says loudly when she enters the building. Athena looks over and smiles before running over and hugging the owner of the voice.

"Weasley!" She exclaims and embraces the 20 year old, "glad you didn't get yourself killed,"

Charlie laughs, stepping back, "You have so little faith in me," he says and she rolls her eyes.

"I do to have faith in your abilities," she argues and Charlie laughs before walking off.

"I'll give you a tour of the place," he calls over his shoulder and Athena runs to catch up to him.

1:35 p.m.

"And that is a Norwegian Ridgeback," Charlie says, looking into the cage where a young dragon rests, "she'll be a year old this April," Athena looks at the dragon.

"What's her name?" She asks, watching as the dragon sleeps.

"Norberta," Charlie answers, "born at Hogwarts," Athena looks over at him, eyebrows raised.

"Really?" She asks, "bet Dumbledore wasn't to happy about it,"

"I reckon he wouldn't have been,"

"Wouldn't?"

"He never found out," Charlie
explains, "Well, I don't think he did. I went there and retrieved her and brought her here,"

"Wait, you were at Hogwarts last year and didn't think about coming to say hi?" Athena asks, slightly offended.

"You never asked," was Charlie's reply as they continue the tour. Athena looks at all the dragons, awe in her blue eyes.

Charlie smiles at her before looking ahead of him, clearing his throat, "so, what about you? Your travels?" He asks her and she takes a deep breath.

"Wonderful," she says, "I went to New York City, Rome, explored several places, studied several magical creatures,"

She continues to explain her journeys, Charlie listening to every word, a smile in his face. He stares at her, noting the excitement and happiness in her face.

She turns to him, a wide smile on her face. She pauses midsentence when she sees he is already looking at her, "did I say something?" She asks, her head tilted slightly.

Charlie laughs, looking away, "no, no you didn't," he says, avoiding her gaze. She stares at him for a few more seconds before looking away.

"Are you going to go see Ron and Ginny off to Hogwarts this September?" She asks after a few minutes of silence.

"No, I need to stay here and help with the dragons," he answers after a second of hesitation, "tell them hi for me and that I'm sorry I can't be there,"

"Will do," Athena replies and the two go to a comfortable silence. Athena looks at all the dragons in their cages as they walk past and Charlie gets a few people as they pass.

"Could you help me with something, Charlie?" Athena asks slowly, glancing over at her best friend, who looks over at her.

"Depends," is his reply.

"I, um, I have been wondering, no, thinking about this for a long time," she begins, playing with her fingers. Charlie stops walking and so does she.

"Go on,"

"Well, since I've left Hogwarts, I figured it is a good time to do this," she continues, avoiding his gaze and her voice showing her nervousness. He stares at her, curious as what to she needs to say.

"I want to go and see my father," she says, looking up and meeting his gaze head on. He blinks, confused.

"Why now?" He asks, "what for?"

"I don't know," she says, "I want to see how he us doing. I haven't seen him for years, and maybe he's changed-"

"Athena, he neglected you for months when you were only six," Charlie interrupts, his voice rising, thinking going to see her father is a bad idea, "what makes you think he has changed?"

"Maybe he got over my....her," Athena says, slightly shocked at Charlie's voice, "perhaps he misses me and-"

"Athena, I don't think this is a great idea," Charlie says, lowering his voice. Athena sighs, running a hand through her hair and looking at him.

"Please, Charlie," she begs softly and he sighs, "I need to know he is alright, at least alive,"

Charlie stares down at her, "fine," he says, "I'll go with you to check in on your father, but don't get mad at me if it isn't what you expect,"

"Thank you Charlie," she says, hugging him unexpectedly, shocking him.

"Y-You're welcome," he says, wrapping his arms around her and holding get close, "When do we do this?"

"Next month," she replies, stepping out of the hug, and he raises his eyebrow at her, "I need time to prepare for this - emotionally," he nods in understanding.

"It's a plan," he says and she smiles, causing him to smile as well, "Well, let's continue the tour,"