The Battle of Hogwarts Part One

May 1, 1998
9:00 p.m.

"Lightning has struck! I repeat, lightning has struck!"

Those were the words that sparked a new fire in the Order. Everyone immediately got ready to go to Hogwarts, an excitement and fear filled everyone.

9:48 p.m.

"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies," Harry says as the door to the Great Hall opens and the Order walks in, "You still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster,"

Athena walks into the room behind some of the Order. She stares ahead at Snape, who looks shocked at their arrival as well as Harry's. Athena looks around at the students, ordered by house and grouped into dull rectangles, matching the dull lighting in the normally cheerful Great Hall. Even the ceiling was dull looking.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive," Harry continues and Athena smiles and can't help but think of how much he has grown since she first saw him as a first year at King's Crossing.

"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry says, bitterness leaving his voice and Athena directs her glare, once again, to Snape, who seems at a lose for words, "tell them how it happened that night!" Harry's voice is rising, "tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them,"

Snape then raises his wand and gasps resonate from the students while the Order raises their own wands. Meanwhile, McGonagall has shoved Harry out of the way and her own wands aimed at Snape.

Snape hesitates, lowering his wand for a few seconds brow raising it again, the Death Eaters behind him have their own wands raised.

McGonagall is the first one to attack, sending fire at Snape, who deflects it. McGonagall advances, continuously shooting fire at him, each time Snape deflects it until fire takes out the Death Eaters behind him before he then retreats from the castle.

Cheers erupt from the students as McGonagall raises the fire in th fee lanterns along the wall, brightening the room up.

As soon as the room was brightened, it got dark again and the cheering stopped. Athena sees Harry sitting down, eyes wide. Suddenly, a scream comes from nearby and Harry hurries over to the source before another scream pierces the air. Harry was halfway to the second source when a voice speaks in everyone's head.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some if you think that to fight is wise. But this is folly,"

Athena looks around and sees several holding their heads in confusion while others just look scared or confused.

"Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour,"

The light then returns to the room and the voice leaves everyone's head. No one speaks for a few moments afterward, everyone staring at Harry, unsure of what to do.

"What are you waiting for?" A girl says, seeing Slytherin robes, and staring at Harry, "someone grab him!"

Syu this, Ginny moves in front of Harry and Athena moves to stand behind him while the Weasley's follow her as well has students from the other three houses. McGonagall stands taller from her spot in the other side of the hall.

"Students out of bed!" A faint voice yells from the corridors outside the hall. Athena looks behind her to see Filch running in, his cat in his arms, and everyone moves out of his way, "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!"