Joy of Unity

April 16, 1996
1:00 a.m.

Athena finally manages to find a seat inside the church. She sits in the pew and reads a book she brought with her since the ceremony won't start for another thirty minutes. Heels click on the floor and stop beside her. She looks up and tosses the bookmark in between the book and stands to hug the newcomer.

"Athena!" Martha cries joyfully, "look at how beautiful you are!" Martha steps back and studies Athena from head to toe, "one would think you are the one getting married in that white dress of yours,"

Athena scoots over so Martha could sit, "you always looked great in blue," Athena compliments, "even the ugliest shades of blue,"

"Now, Athena, there is no such thing as an ugly shade of blue," Martha informs and Athena laughs at that, "now, will Charlie be joining us? I have so many questions for him,"

"he is busy at work," Athena answers, "and what are those questions, might I ask?"

"I was going to ask him if he is treating you alright," Martha replies before turning to Athena, a serious look replacing her happy one, "he is, isn't he?"

Athena smiles at this, "yes, he and I are as happy as ever," she replies, "even with everything going on," Martha nods in understanding.

"Its been crazy," Martha says, "the Ministry still doesn't believe that Voldemort's back, even after all the evidence that he is indeed back. Anyone who disagrees with Fudge gets demoted or fired,"

"What do you believe?" Athena whispers, looking around to make sure that no one is listening.

"I think Voldemort is back," Martha answers in a softer whisper than Athena's, not wanting to loose her job at the ministry. Athena goes to reply when music begins to play and everyone turns in their seats to watch the flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids and groomsmen walking down the aisle.

"I don't understand why neither of them asked us to be a bridesmaid," Martha whispers, "we did go to school with them,"

"Well you're always been busy at the ministry and I am busy with the Order, they probably didn't want to bother us with that," Athena replies in a soft whisper and Martha shrugs.

Then everyone stands and watches as Daniel walks down the aisle towards Jeffrey, who waits under the arch. Athena smiles, feeling happy for her friends for finding happiness. Eventually, Daniel reaches the arch and everyone sits back down and the ceremony begins.

1:00 p.m

Athena and Martha hang out and catch up at the reception, drinking wine, and laughing at anything funny the other says. They didn't really converse with any of the other guests unless they were asked on how they knew Daniel and Jeffrey.

"There you two are!" Daniel says loudly and rushing over to hug Athena while his husband hugs Martha, "we have been looking for you two forever! How have you guys been? Any exciting news?"

"I have been good," Athena answers, "doing things for the Order. Nothing exciting,"

"Ministry job, y'know," Martha says with a bored shrug, "nothing entirely interesting. The same thing everyday; people getting fired for voicing their opinions," Athena holds in a laugh while Daniel and Jeffrey let out a laugh.

"And how are you and Charlie?" Jeffrey asks with great interest, "I suppose I should be expecting a wedding in a year or so?" Athena laughs and shakes her head.

"I'm afraid that's a no, sorry," she says, "Charlie and I are so focused on the Order and we would like to wait until the time is right to settle down,"

"Aha!" Daniel says loudly, catching the attention of a few of the guests nearby, "so you and Charlie will be getting married eventually!" Athena laughs, color rising to her cheeks as the two start to plan her wedding years in advance.

"I think a blue theme would be fantastic," Daniel suggests and Jeffrey shrugs.

"White," he says, "you can never go wrong with white," Martha looks like she is about to join the two and Athena decides now is the time to stop this before it goes to far and her wedding is already planned.

"Guys," she says, cutting the two off, "lets save the wedding planning until I am actually engaged," the two look disappointed but nod.

"Sorry, Athena," Daniel apologizes, "I guess Jeffrey and I both had so much fun planning our wedding that we want to continue doing so,"

"I's perfectly alright, Dan," Athena says with a small smile, "I am just not ready for married life,"

"Does Martha have anyone special in her life?" Jeffrey pipes up and Martha instantly goes red.

"Oh my goodness!" Daniel says with excitement, "who?" Martha then goes to deny any of their advances.

"Martha, you might as well tell them," Athena says and Martha gives her a glare before sighing in defeat.

"Alright, its someone from work," she says, "he is my superior and-"

"Oh! Superior!" Daniel says, "tell us more, please!"

Martha then spends the rest of the night telling them stories of her and her superior getting to know each other throughout the years and how he was the one to pursue her while she tried to ignore his pursuits and go on with her job, but she has fallen in love with him.

"What do I do?" Martha asks, her face showing a sign of indecisiveness. All three of them were in shock; Martha, who is known to always know what to do in trying times, was unsure of what to do. Athena was more shocked than Daniel and Jeffrey since she saw Martha as the Hermione of her generation.

"Go on the date with him," Daniel says simply, "if it doesn't work out well, then don't continue the romance,"

"But if it goes well," Jeffrey adds slowly, "date him and see how far it goes. If he is loyal and faithful, keep him and never let him go!" Jeffrey says with a firm voice, as if demanding Martha to do so, "if he cheats, dump his ass,"

Martha lets out a laugh before turning to Athena, "what do you think?" she asks and Athena purses her lips in thought.

"Do exactly like the others said," she says before adding, "but be cautious about it. Go on a few dates and determine if you can trust him before you fully commit to a relationship,"

Martha smiles in gratitude, "thanks you guys," she says with a deep breath, "I don't know what I would do without you,"

"Crash and burn," Jeffrey says and Daniel and Athena nod in agreement.

"You're probably right," Martha admits and Athena looks over at the time since she needs to be back at Grimmauld place for an important meeting.

"Well, congratulations you two!" Athena says and stepping forward to hug both Daniel and Jeffrey, "I, unfortunately, have to leave for a meeting. enjoy your honeymoon and I will hopefully see you all soon!"

With a final wave at the trio, she walks out of the building and apparates to the headquarters.