Eight

Jack's POV

Sadie and I got into my black Mercedes and drove off to Dominoes

Sadie and I got into my black Mercedes and drove off to Dominoes. Skate had called her a homie hopper, and insulted her and everything and that made her really upset. So, being the best friend I am, I'm buying her pizza to cheer her up.

"Do you think me and Nate should date?" Sadie asked out of nowhere. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. She's gotta he kidding.

"You want to go out with that asshole?" I asked.

"No, I mean Garner. I like him." She told me. I mentally rolled my eyes. She likes everyone, I swear. But I'm gonna keep my mouth shut because she's my best friend.

"No, I don't." I answered truthfully.

"What? Why?" She looked confused.

"Because, Sadie. You're only 16 and he's like 20. That isn't ok." I looked at her.

"We're not having sex, Jack. I just like him." She answered again.

"You literally just met the guy. I'm not sure you even should." I told her.

"You're unbelievable." She huffed in annoyance.

"It's what you wanna do. I don't wanna talk about it, ok?" I tried to cut the conversation short.

"Ok." She sighed.

"Baby girl, don't feel bad. I want you to be happy. But at the same time, I wanna keep you out of trouble." I explained and took her hand in mine. She nodded and stared out the window.
———

Soon, we got to Dominoes and entered the building. There were only a few people here. Some were dining in. Sadie and I went up to the order area.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to Dominoes. What can I get ya?" The guy at the register asked. He glanced at me, then looked at Sadie with a wink. She smiled at him. Then he looked back at me. Ugh. Are you kidding?

"I'll get a medium white Parmesan and garlic sauce pizza with chicken and bacon and two small bottles of Sprite." I answered.

"That'll be no cost to you. It's on the house." He said, looking right at Sadie.

"Thanks, bro." I thanked him and gave the guy a ten as a tip. "Go sit at a table, I'll be right there, baby girl." I told her.

"Don't call me that. I ain't your girlfriend." She said, but obeyed. As soon as she left, the guy started to speak.

"She's hot." The guy told me, staring at Sadie's ass as she walked to a table. I nodded, agreeing. "She your girlfriend?" He asked again.

"No, we're friends." I told him.

"Cool. Can I get her number? I wanna shoot my shot." He asked again.

"Sure. Here." I opened up my phone and gave him Sadie's number.