Thirty Nine

A few days later...

Skate's POV

"Is this all you'll be getting, sir?" The cashier asked me as she bagged the lingerie I got for Sadie

"Umm yea, yea." I answered with a nod, while I was texting my manager to make reservations at an exclusive restaurant for me and Sadie.

"Is this for your girlfriend for Valentine's Day?" She asked me again.

"Yup. Do you think she'll like it?" I asked.

"Yea, these'll look really sexy." She said, eyeing me. I rolled my eyes.

"Dude, really. I thought we just established that I have a girlfriend." I said.

"Ok, so what?" She raised an eyebrow.

"So stop flirting with me." I said.

"Please. I don't know who the hell your girlfriend is, but she clearly has no taste in men. She's dating a guy who looks like a homeless crackhead." She said and I just looked at her.

What the actual fuck?

"And I obviously have a great taste in women because my girl respects me and isn't working the late night shift at Victoria's Secret. You don't know me or my girl so why don't you get back to work. I would hate to have to tell your manager that you're disrespecting a customer." I said and she gasped.

"Your total is $349.99." I pulled out my wallet and gave her $350. I took my shit and walked out without another word. Honestly, what a fucking bitch.

I made my way to my car and opened it. I got inside, then I started it and drove off.
———

I opened the front door to the house with my key.

"Where the hell were you?" Sadie asked immediately, scaring me.

"Shit, baby. Don't scare me like that." I held my chest.

"Where were you, Skate?" She asked me again.

"I was out." I answered simply. I was actually out shopping and getting gifts for her almost the entire day. I wanted to surprise her with these gifts right before I propose to her on Valentine's Day, which is in 2 days.

"I see that, but why are you now coming home? It's almost 2 am." She continued. I just sighed, ignoring her, then going to the kitchen to find something to eat.

I swear if she asks me again, I'm gonna flip out on her. I'm trying not to because Belle is asleep, and I don't want to upset Sadie every more, but she is making this really hard.

What's there to eat? I wondered, rummaging through the fridge. I felt a hand grab my arm and spin me around.

"Nathan, why are you home so late?! Huh?! Fucking answer me!" Sadie screamed at me. Now I knew she wasn't playing because she doesn't call me Nathan unless she's mad.

"Fuck, Sadie! Why do you always do this?!" I screamed at her as she started to sob. "I'm sick of this shit, babe!" I growled.

"You're the one always coming home late! This isn't the first time and you're acting so fucking strange! You're always out before I wake up and I don't get to see you when I go to sleep. It's like ." She screamed.

"What, do you think I'm cheating on you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I hope the fuck not, Skate!" She pushed me and I grabbed her wrists.

"Why can't you just trust me, baby. I would never cheat on you. Ever. You know that." I told her, which made her close her mouth. Thank god. She shook her head and started crying all over again. Oh god.

"I'm sorry, Skate. It's just that--. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just feel like I'm not good enough for you anymore. That maybe you want something better. I'm scared that you'll leave me for another girl and then I'd have to take care of Belle by myself. I don't want that." She sobbed and I pulled her into my arms.

"I'm here, Sadie. I won't leave you, ok? You have nothing to worry about. You're my one and only and nothing will change that. I promise." I said and meant it. She looked up at me with a small smile and pecked my lips.

"You do?" She looked up at me, her eyes lighting up.

"Yes, baby. Of course. I love you." I said and she hugged me tighter, sniffling. "Just learn to trust me more, ok? We can't keep doing this." I told her and she nodded.

"I love you, too." She mumbled, but I heard her. I sighed in relief. god, the shit I have to go through sometimes.
——————

Sweet & short.

Hey, why's up guys?! Sorry about the short chapter, but I'm working on the next part. Possible drama, too. 😏

Sadly, this book is coming to an end and no, there won't be a sequel. Sorry. 😭

Thanks for reading though and I hope you enjoy the rest of this story. Bye✌🏾

Bunny0411🐰

Peace✌!