Twenty Six

The next day...

Sadie's POV

Jack and I hung out today, just to catch up

Jack and I hung out today, just to catch up. Harry asked me to step out so he could take care of some things. Things he wouldn't tell me about.

Jack and I walked down the beach, just soaking up the sun and what not. It was really hot out. I looked toward Jack who was wiping sweat off his forehead.

I watched as a few drops of sweat rolled down his neck and down his chest and golden abs. He looks great. He's definitely been working out a lot more.

"Hey, do you want ice cream?" He looked toward me.

"Of course." I smiled. He took my hand and led us up to the ice cream parlor on the boardwalk.
———

Jack and I walked into the ice cream parlor and waited in line to be served.

"Did he really?" I gasped as Jack nodded. He was telling me about when JJ and Madison got into an argument about who's fault it was that I 'died'. JJ got so angry that he slapped her. Served her right.

"Next!" Someone announced and Jack and I were suddenly at the front of the line. "Hi, welcome to Carvel. What can I get you today?" The girl asked with a shady smile. I could tell that she really hated her job.

"We'll get 2 medium cups of cookies 'n' cream." Jack told her and she nodded, getting two cups and scooping the ice cream. She handed it to us. "That'll be $4.14." She said. I fished into my purse and pulled out a five, handing it to her.

"Keep the change." I told her and she nodded, giving me a genuine smile. I took out a ten and handed it to her.

"What's this for?" She asked surprised.

"It's a tip. And please smile more, you're beautiful." I told her and she nodded, smiling.

"Thank you." She thanked me and I waved to her, Jack and I walking out.

"What was that about?" Jack asked me.

"What, I was just being nice." I told him with a shrug.

"You know, Sadie. I missed you, like a lot. I know we ended on bad terms, but I want us to start over." He told me.

"I missed you, too, best friend." I smiled at him and hugged him. He seemed surprised, but wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back.

"Can I ask you something?" Jack asked me as we continued walking.

"Yea, sure." I nodded.

"Are you gonna tell Skate? I mean, that you're not dead." He asked and I sighed. I knew he was gonna ask me this at some point.

"He doesn't deserve to know." I said, even though I didn't want that to be true. I wanted to see him, so bad. I've thought about him almost all the time before I met Harry.