Twenty One

Jack's POV

I drove an angry Johnson home

I drove an angry Johnson home. I don't blame him for being so angry, I'm pretty upset myself.

I knew Skate was gonna try some shit like this with Sadie. He never liked her. He'd always insult her or make fun of her because she was a virgin.

If only she listened to me and Johnson. Why didn't she listen to us, I don't get it.

What also really angered me was the fact that he and Madison were sleeping together behind my back. Honestly, I fucking hate her. She can go fuck Skate all she wants because I'm done with her. I couldn't care less about her.

I really wish I hadn't ended me and Sadie's life-long friendship. I was just jealous of her and Skate. It could have been me who took her virginity. I still had feelings for her.

It just breaks my heart that she doesn't have those same feelings for me. I really broke her heart with what I did and I regret it so much.

Wait a minute. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Sadie all day.

"J, have you seen Sadie at all today?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"She's probably locked up in her room. I feel so bad for her, man. I wish I could've been more forceful with her and keep Skate away from her. I honestly regret letting him close to her. I should've known that he was gonna do some shit like this. I swear, if anything happens to my baby sister, I will fucking kill that guy." Johnson growled, his anger rushing back to him.

"J, I'm sure she's fine." I said as calmly as possible even though I wasn't calm myself. I was really worried about Sadie. What if something horrible happened to her?
———

We arrived at their house in a short amount of time and exited the car. Johnson and I went up the front steps to the house and the door was unusually unlocked.

"What the hell?" Johnson raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I thought I locked the door this morning." He said and opened the door, the both of us entering the house.

"Sadie!" I yelled for her and went upstairs towards her room. I reached her door and twisted the knob, only to find her door locked. I knocked on it. "Sadie, come out. Please talk to me." I pleaded, but there was no answer. I sighed.

"Look. I know you don't want to talk to me and I totally understand, but I just want to know if you're ok." I said again and there was still no answer. Wow, she must really hate me. I sighed.

"Ok, I was an asshole. I should've been supportive of your decision of dating Skate. I'm sorry it didn't go well, though. I'm sorry for ending our friendship. I should never have let go of 15 years like that over something as petty as this. I was just jealous of Skate. I still had feelings for you and you didn't feel the same and that made me mad. I just hope you can forgive me and you'll be my best friend again." I confessed.

A huge weight felt like it was being lifted off my shoulders, but there was no answer, which made my heart feel very heavy. I sighed and went back downstairs. Johnson was on his phone, I think calling someone. He groaned and threw his phone onto the ground.

"She won't pick up, G. What if something happened to her? What if she killed herself or ran away?" He told me, in frustration.

"Her room door is locked. She's probably in there. She may just need some space, you know. She was just humiliated in front of the whole school." I told him.

"Don't remind me." He groaned and went upstairs. I plopped down onto the couch. I took out my phone to text Sadie. I said I'd lose her number, but I really didn't. I just couldn't do it. I smiled at the name I saved her under.

Me: Hey, Sadie. It's me, Jack. I'm really sorry for ending our friendship. You're my best friend and I shouldn't have let my jealousy of you and Skate get to me. I'm sorry that didn't go well either. I hope you're okay. I miss you so much. I miss hearing you laugh. I miss seeing you smile. I miss hugging you and kissing your face. I miss my best friend. I'm so sorry for being an asshole, a douche bag. You name it. It was childish of me to end our friendship. Our friendship was definitely the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm sorry for breaking your heart and leaving you for Madison. She's a real bitch for what she did to the both of us. I just hope you can forgive me and we can start over. I love you so much, Sadie Johnson. Just know that.❤️

I read over the text, before sending it. I just hope she'll forgive me. I put my phone away. As I did, Johnson came downstairs.

"She won't answer her door. I feel so bad. I feel like it's my fault." He told me.

"I feel like that it's my fault, too. If I hadn't dumped her for Madison, we'd probably still be together. I'm sorry man."

"G, don't blame yourself. Things happen for a reason. She'll be back to her normal self soon." Johnson assured me. I still wasn't convinced.

"I'm gonna go home. I'll see you later." I told Johnson. He nodded and I walked out of the door, to my car, and drove home.