Twelve

*Recap*

"Does what happened between us mean we're together?" I asked him, because he was throwing all these signs and mixed signals and I was so confused. But I was hoping for a yes. He sighed, and that made my heart ache.

"I'm sorry, Sadie. I really want to, but your brother made it clear for me to stay away from you." He answered, pointing to his black eye. He took out his sun glasses from his pocket and put them on.

"I understand, but I just need one last thing from you." I said.

"What's that?" He asked.

"I wanna give you my virginity."
———

Sadie's POV

His eyes widened

His eyes widened. I was really nervous about his reaction, but I see he doesn't feel that way about me. I'm so embarrassed now.

"I'm sorry." I whispered on the verge of tears. I started to walk away, but he took my arm and pulled me back.

"I'm not saying no, but why me? You could literally get any guy you want, who isn't an asshole like me. Out of any guy who could do it, why me?" He asked me, holding my hands in his. I looked down, ashamed to look Skate in the eyes. I felt his hand on my chin and lifting my head. We locked eyes.

"Why?" He asked.

"I trust you, Skate, ok? Even if no one else does. I feel like there is some good in you. I see you for you. I won't judge you just because of who you are on the outside. I'm sure you have your reasons of why you act like you do. I know you're a nice and sweet guy, you just don't like showing that side of you." I told him, making him smile. It quickly faltered, making mine drop.

"What?" I asked, really confused.

"Your brother's coming." He said. I turned around and JJ had already approached us. I couldn't tell whether he was angry or not.

"Hey man. I'm sorry for fighting with you. My sister likes you and you must like her and I should respect that. Can we still be friends?" My brother apologized. Skate nodded and they bro hugged. I just stared with my mouth wide open. Since when does JJ apologize?!

"Close your mouth sis. Save it for later." He said and he and Skate started laughing. I stood there confused as hell. JJ kissed my head and walked away.

"What did he mean?" I asked Skate.

"I dunno." He shrugged.

"But you laughed." I protested.

"I just thought I should've laughed." He answered and I nodded. Makes sense, I guess.
———

Skate's POV