Fourteen

Sadie's POV

I was backstage, shaking

I was backstage, shaking. I was so nervous about my performance that was in about 5 minutes. I hope everyone likes it because if they don't, that would be embarrassing.

I peeped through the curtains and looked out at the crowd. There were a lot of people. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Skate with a smile on his face.

"You'll be fine. Don't be so nervous, babe." He said.

"I'm trying. There are a lot of people out there." I said.

"It's ok. I feel that way every time before I go up to perform. I just keep telling myself that I'm gonna do great and I do. Don't doubt yourself." He said.

"Thank you, babe. That made me feel so much better." I thanked him. He pecked my lips.

"For our next performance. We have a lovely young lady who will be dancing for us. Give it up for Sadie Johnson!" The female announcer shouted.

The crowd went wild. "That's my cue." I told Skate.

"Knock 'em dead, baby girl." Skate encouraged me and kissed me again. I jogged out onto the stage. The beat for my song started to play. I started to do a few moves before the song actually began.

After my performance, the whole crowd went wild. I bowed and smiled at them, blowing kisses. I was so happy that I pleased the them.

I started to walk off the stage until two women, one of them holding balloons, and my fucking dance idol, Fik Shun, came onto the stage. I gasped and jumped up and down with joy.

He was holding a cake with Oreos on it. For ME! He started to congratulate me on my performance.

"Hey, you like Oreos?" Fik Shun asked me.

"I love Oreos!" I smiled. Everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' to me. It was really off key, but I loved it because it's the thought that counts.

"Now make a wish, and bite the Oreo." He told me, making everyone laugh.

"I don't wanna do that." I answered with a giggle.

"Come on just do it." He said. I closed my eyes to make a wish. I wish Skate and I end together for a long time and he doesn't screw me over. I wished and licked the Oreo on my cake. Everyone applauded and I smile was etched onto my face.

"Alright she licked it." Fik Shun said. I held on tightly to my balloons and cake. The two women, Fik Shun, and I went down the stairs while everyone still applauded.

I was so happy that I got to meet Fik Shun. Unexpectedly, he hugged me. I squealed.

"Happy Birthday, sis." I turned around to find JJ behind me with open arms. I handed them back the cake and balloons. The. I ran towards my brother and jumped into his arms.

"Thank you so much, JJ. You're the best big brother ever. I love you." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I love you, too, Sade." He chuckled and set me down.
———

I ended up winning the competition. I was so ecstatic. I kept receiving compliments on how well I did and that I looked like a human Barbie. Which I hope was a good thing.

JJ, Skate and I are at my house now. I told JJ about Skate and I being together. He was fine with it. I also told Jack and Maddie. They weren't too happy with it. Especially Jack.

As soon as I told him, he left. I tried calling him, but he's been ignoring me. I don't know what I did wrong. We talked about this already so I don't see what the problem is.

I would've kind of liked to be with Nate, but he didn't seem interested in me anymore. After, my party, he just ghosted me.

Skate and I were cuddled up in my bed. JJ was on the bean bag chair. We were watching Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates.

"Ooooooh shit!" JJ and I shouted when Mike hit Jeanie in the face with one of the wheels of his ATV. Skate, JJ, and I started to burst out into laughter.

The next scene came up when Jeanie was asking everyone if her face looked bad. As soon as she removed the ice pack, I think, from her face, I went into another fit of laughter as JJ and Skate yelled another, "Oh Shit!"

 As soon as she removed the ice pack, I think, from her face, I went into another fit of laughter as JJ and Skate yelled another, "Oh Shit!"

I was laughing so hard, I fell of my bed and fell on my ass, still laughing. Skate helped me up and brought me back onto the bed. I had stopped laughing by then.

"It wasn't that funny, Sadie." He smirked at me.

"Yes it was." I giggled.

"Sade, shut up. I'm trying to watch the movie." JJ rolled his eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and he flipped me off.
———

We continued to watch the movie until the end. I checked the time on my night stand. It read 11:42 pm. Skate stretched and rolled off my bed.

"It's getting late. I should go." He announced.

"Bye, bro." JJ said, getting up and they did their handshake. Then, he left my room.

"Do you have to go?" I pouted.

"Yeah, I do. But I'll see you tomorrow, baby girl." He yawned. I frowned.

"Fine." I gave in.

"I'll call you later, ok?" He assured me.

"Ok." I sighed and he leaned down to kiss me. He pulled away too quickly and left my room. I followed Skate downstairs to lock the door. Before he exited my house, he pulled me in by my waist and kissed me again.

This time, the kiss was longer. He pulled away after a while and rested his forehead on mine. Then, he let go of me and left the house. I locked the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I can't believe Skate and I are actually together. Who would've thought that I'd be the one to get in a relationship with him? Maybe he has changed.
——————

Hey!

You should go check out 'The Maid' and 'The Kids' after reading this chapter. Please comment and vote on those stories, too, please.

Y'all already know what's next...

VOTE

COMMENT

ADD TO UR LIBRARY & READING LIST

and FOLLOW ME!

Bunny0411🐰

Peace! ✌