Thirty One

About 2 years later...

Skate's POV

Sadie and I have been together for the past year and things were great

Sadie and I have been together for the past year and things were great. The sex, the dates, the cuddling, the hugs and kisses. Everything. She almost never complains or pisses me off. She always puts me first before herself. It's like she's the girl of my dreams.

But it came with some downsides. When we would get into an argument, it gets bad. She would scream at me, I would scream at her. She'd slap, punch, throw things, and hit me, and I couldn't do anything back because it's wrong to hit a woman. I still have some scars and bruises.

We would ignore each other for days. We always made up and forgave each other. It'd result in some rough sex and we'd forget that we were ever mad at each other.

"Babe! I have something to tell you!" I heard Sadie scream through the house.

"Coming!" I told her as I went upstairs toward her.

"Babe!" She screamed again from the bathroom. I entered and she was beaming with excitement.

"What?" I chuckled. She was bouncing with joy and a huge grin on her face. I was growing impatient by now.

"Tell me." I groaned.

"I'm pregnant!" She squealed. My eyes widened.

"What?" I frowned.

"Look!" She shrieked, handing me three pregnancy tests. And they were all positive.

 And they were all positive

Oh god, no. I'm not at all ready to be a father. Why is this happening? Why now?

She wrapped her arms around me, trying to kiss me, but I turned my head so that she'd kiss my cheek. I wasn't in the mood for this right now.

"I thought you were on birth control. This shouldn't have happened." I scolded her.

"I ran out of pills. I told you to get me more, but you didn't." She shrugged. "Aren't you happy?" She questioned after a moment of silence, pulling away from me.

"Fuck." I muttered.

"What do you mean by 'fuck'?" She questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Sadie, c'mon. Don't play with me." I looked at her, searching her face to see if she was joking.

"I'm serious. I'm pregnant. Why would I lie to you about that?" She asked me.

"Sadie, I'm not ready to be a dad. It's too soon." I said.

"What did you expect, Skate? We were having unprotected sex. Every time I told you to use a condom, you'd always be like 'oh, I wanna go bare' or 'fuck a condom'. What did you think was gonna happen?" She lectured me.

"Abort it, Sadie." I muttered, ignoring her question.

"I should what?!" She growled at me.

"I don't want it, Sadie. I'm not ready for a kid. Abort it." I growled at her.

"So you're asking me to kill the baby? Why would you say that? There's a human being growing inside of me. Technically that's murder, too." She hissed.

"I don't want it. If you won't get rid of it, I'm breaking up with you." I threatened. What has gotten into her?

"You're not serious, are you? You're gonna break up with me if I don't kill this baby?" She asked.

"Does it look like I'm fucking joking, Sadie? Why do you think everything is a fucking joke?!" I growled.

"You're really doing this, Skate? You're gonna he like this? After everything we've been through. You're gonna throw it all away because of a baby? You always talked about how exciting it would be to have your own kid running around the house. You always talked about how you would spoil our kid and make sure he or she is the happiest and luckiest kid on earth because they have the best parents in the world." She explained to me, tears brimming her eyes, and a few slipped out, rolling down her cheeks.

"Sadie, we had this conversation only once and it was literally like a month ago. I didn't want a kid so soon, ok? Yes, of course I want kids with you, but not now." I explained and she shook her head in disbelief.

"I should've never told you." She muttered and pushed past me, bumping my shoulder on purpose. She made her way out of the bathroom and I followed her into our room. She grabbed her suitcase and started to pack her things.

"What're you doing?" I asked her.

"What the fuck does it look like?" She snapped.

"Don't start, Sadie. If I said I didn't want it, I mean it. Nothing you say or do can change that." I said.

"Well maybe I want the baby! And if that means breaking up with you, I'll do it! Because you're an asshole for saying I should abort this baby! Why couldn't you just be happy for me?! For us!" She screamed at me, sobbing.

To say I didn't feel bad was an understatement. I honestly didn't care anymore. She can do whatever she wants with it, I'm just not gonna be involved.

"Whatever. I'll call you an Uber." I shrugged and exited the room.

"I don't need you to call a fucking Uber!" She screamed. Less work for me.

I went into the bathroom and took a long, needed shower.
———

I got out after thirty minutes, and dried myself off, before exiting the bathroom. I went back into my room and Sadie was gone.

Thank god. She was starting to become a real bitch.

I slipped on a pair of boxers and sweats, then plopped down onto my bed, falling asleep peacefully.