THIRTY TWO

"Sujeong-a wake up! Didn't you heard the news?!" My mom exclaimed while shaking me to wake up.

"What is it?" I whined in laziness.

"Taehyung leaves Seoul."

"W-what?! How? Why?" I asked dumbly to her. Why does he leaves without my consent?

"I don't know. Kim's didn't say anything about it and even avoids us on asking about him." My mother said truthfully.

I need to find him. I need to know it... Why? One side of my brain asked. Why do you need to find him? Is there anything between you? Another painful question that my brain asked. Alright, why do I really care? I mean nothing is going on between us so I need to be calm. He can manage by himself but... I rushed on preparing myself and dashed into Kim's residence.

"Auntie Kim?" I shouted outside while shaking the gate.

"Miss what are you doing?" The guard asked suddenly.

"Ryu Sujeong, my name is Ryu Sujeong." I said and he immediately opened the gate for me.

"Auntie? Auntie!" I said rushing off to auntie Kim.

"Oh Sujeong-a what are you doing here?" She asked when she goes out from the kitchen.

"Auntie where is Taehyung? I need to know where--"

"I don't know." She answered cutting me off and making my jaw dropped.

"How come did you not--"

"Please Sujeong." She pleaded making me stop on ranting and asking. Maybe that guy asked them to hide everything about us especially me.

"Go home for now." She said avoiding the questions I asked.

Did I do something bad again? Why do I feel like everyone was not on me? Why do I feel like heaven throw me a heavy rock? Do... I hurt Taehyung again? My thoughts scribbled once again.

---

I went home carrying this heavy heart of mine and scribbled thoughts of why... Taehyung leaves without letting me to know about it?

"Oh Sujeong-a you're here. Your grandfather was waiting on you on your room." My mother said while preparing some food for us. I went upstairs and I saw my grandfather staring at my old photos.

"You're here." He said when he noticed me entering the room.

"Hm..." I answered blankly.

"Base on your expression, it seems that you already knows it." He said avoiding the silence to enter my room.

"Yes and I don't want to talk about it for now grandpa." I pleaded and he understands it. He peacefully left off my room and went down to allow my request.

"Tomorrow is Christmas, a White Christmas I guess." I sighed knowing that Taehyung wasn't joining our family's Christmas celebration.

Why do you need to be with him, though from the start you are happy even you're alone when Christmas? My thought hits me hard once again.

"Why do I need to?" I asked to myself while staring at the ceiling.

"Maybe I was just into him for the rest of the months that's why I feel lonely without him. I should've not rely on him cause the fact is... We're nothing. No relationship is connecting us so I should not make myself guilty." I muttered, encouraging myself to be happy without him.

"Sujeong-a come out now! The dinner is ready." My mom shouted downstairs.

I went down to the dining and I saw just my father and my mother.

"Where is grandpa?" I asked since he was here a while ago.

"Something came up so he need to go back to the office. Come one let's eat." My mom says before sitting on her place.

"I don't have an appetite to eat. I'm heading back to my room." I said in a low tone and marched back to my room again.

---

I went down to the kitchen for having some breakfast but I saw no one. I called out but the maid said that my mom went on the store to buy some ingredients for food later. I rolled my eyes then went back to my room to change my clothes.

*slurp*

"Mmm... I never expect ramyun in this convenient store was really good, and the kimchi too." I was indulging this delicious food when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered while munching these foods on my mouth.

"Where are you?" Mingyu asked on the other line.

"I was on the convenient store why?" I asked with the spoon full food stuck on my mouth.

"Would you mind to swallow your food first before speaking?" He whined in annoyed tone so I swallowed my food first and giggled after.

"Sorry!" I said and he laughed on the other line.

"You're really cute." He said like he was looking at me right now.

"What do you want?" I asked to him because I know he already forgotten the reason why he called.

"Oh that, are you free on the Christmas eve? Can we celebrate together." He asked and I suddenly felt bad on something.

"S-sorry Mingyu, we already have to celebrate with Kim's--"

"Taehyung? He will attend?" He asked but I stayed quiet.

"Sujeong-a are you still there?" Mingyu asked.

"Y-yeah." I answered unconsciously.

"Is that so? Then take care of yourself okay?" He said then he hangs up the phone.

"What's that?" I asked to myself before finishing my food.

---

"Merry Christmas!" Kim family greeted when they entered the house. I looked at them one by one expecting that guy to show up but I failed.

"He was not here." I whispered to myself but then I woke up by the tap on my shoulder.

"Advance Merry Christmas Sujeong." Taehyung's grandfather greeted with a sincere smile.

"M-merry Christmas too grandpa." I greeted suddenly because I felt embarrassed but then I hear their laughs.

"Your cuteness never change Ryu." Taehyung's mom said then I smiled at them awkwardly.

"Oh by the way what is that? Let me help you take it inside?" My father approached to help Taehyung's mom in carrying the box.

"It was a pastry, one of Taehyung's dad owns a bakery that's why they asked us to give it to Sujeong."

"M-me? Why me?" I suddenly asked when they mentioned my name.

"They said that they were happy to see you with our son that's why they gave it too as a blessing." Taehyung's dad said and they all laughed.

"Let's go! The food is already prepared and it is already 11:00 pm. Christmas is approaching." My grandfather said and we all follow.

"By the way where is your son?" My grandfather asked and silence covered up the whole dining area.

"Uhmm, h-his auntie asked us if she can spent the Christmas with Taehyung since they were really the close one. Taehyung actually grew up with her auntie that's why they asked." His mom said and I could sense that it was a lie. I know that there is a deeper reason why Taehyung left. I stood up without finishing my food.

"I'm done, excuse me." I said still giving my respect to them before going up to my room. I went on my balcony to watch the stars but there is no one.

"Kim... Taehyung..." I sighed.

"I miss you." I said and a snow flake suddenly dropped on my hand.

"It's snowing." I whispered to myself when I lift up my head to see the falling snow flakes.

"The first sad snow I experienced." I said to myself thinking the thoughts about Taehyung and himself.

TBC...