|chapter 18|

Cassian POV
She looked at me with a straight face. Almost like she didn't need me anymore.

Every time that she's close to me, I want to kiss her. But she doesn't feel the same.

My hand slowly touches her face. My thumb grazes her check. After a while of me looking at her, and she looking at me I stop. I put all the papers in my folder again.

"Cassian-" Jyn says. I look at her. "What?" I ask her. She smiles a sad smile. "I'm sorry." I smile. "I know you are Jyn." I say hugging her.

"Listen I have to get these to the General, see you later?" I ask her. She nods. I leave to go give the general these, things. Whatever they are. He told me they were all the plans for the Death Star.

I walk into the command room. With the same neon drawings, were me and Jyn first met. I see the general. "Here are the papers you asked for." I say handing him them.

"Good. And Andor don't be late again." He says eyeing me. "Yes sir." I say. But I am obviously holding myself back from taking my gun out, and shooting him.

"And don't forget for your training with Jyn for the Death Star." He says looking at me.

I narrow my eyes. "I'm the best pilot you have and I know how to shoot a gun. Why do I need training?" I ask annoyed.

He thinks over it, for a minute. "Well then how about Jyn does it? She's new you know." He says. I stare at him. "Fine." I say then walk out. "Tomorrow at dawn!" I hear him tell behind my back.

This is pure torture, but it's for a good cause. I go into the sleeping quarters, hoping to find Jyn. And surprise she's there.

"Hey" I say coming close to her. When I do I see that she has a black eye. "Jy-" I say putting a hand on her shoulder. She shoves my hand of and gets up. "I'm sorry." She says. "What happened to you? I just saw you a little while ago!" I say. She looks down.

"I've been keeping something from you." She says. "I need to tell you something." I sit down. Did we do anything? After Scarrif?

So many things race through my head. "I've been going to.. training." She says. I let out a deep breath.

"What?" She asks me. "Nothing you just scared me a little." She laughs. "Did you think? Oh no" she laughs and I do to. She hugs me and I hug her back.

"So.. You know what the general told me?" I ask her. "What?" She asks her smile fading. "About the Death Star?" She asks me. "About training it's so stupid." I say.

"You know it's to help you. So you don't, you know die." She says.

I smirk. "Only cause you care about me." I say nudging her shoulder. I see she family blushes and I laugh.

"What never saw a girl blush before?" She asks laughing with me. "Nope." I say. She lays her head on my shoulder.

"And I have a surprise for you." I say. She looks at me. "What?" She asks. "I am getting the key back to my living quarters." I say smiling. "Before I um-" I stop.

"What! Tell me!" She says. "Well me and K2 planned this game were we put fake explosives on the landing pads. Let's just say it didn't end well." I say.

I see Jyns smile fading. She buries her face in her hands. I'm so stupid! Reminding her of our crew! I think.

I hear slight sniffles. I lift her head up. "Jyn it's okay." I say hugging her. "I know in sorry o-" suddenly we hear sirens ringing all around the base.

They are red and have a loud, very loud sound. I quickly get up. I see Jyns frozen. "Come on!" I say taking her hand. We run out of the sleeping quarters. Quickly to be greeted by a flock of people. We hear a voice boom out of the intercoms, "everyone please go to your x-wings and u-wings and prepare for attack. The empire has found our base please remain calm, and wait for our signal for attack." I hear Mon Mothma say.

I see Jyn stiffen up. "Let's go." I say. I grab her hand and we head of to our X-Wing. We go and I see Jyn stiffen up again. "Jyn what's wrong?" I ask her. She looks down, "I'm afraid." She says slowly. I hear Mon Mothmas voice again, "prepare for attack." In all this madness she's like the beacon of light.

"Come on Jyn lets go." I say. She nods and we both wear our helmets, and strap in.

"Okay you have the cannons and I'll monuver this thing." I say. She nods, I can tell she's stronger now.

"Let's go fight the empire." She says loudly. We see some TIE fighters, "you ready? See those two blow them!" I say. She quickly blows them up.

I try and get two TIE fighters of our tail, giving Jyn the perfect moment to blow them both. "I did it!" She says. "What was it your first time?" I say grinning. "Actually yep." She says. I grin. I quickly see that she is blowing up two more.

Then I see something, the empire landing on the ground. I see they have many many TIE fighters. I try and monuver us out of the madness. I see Jyn trying hard to try and get them all.

I hear sirens. "Our engines gone!" I say. I see Jyn still trying to get all the TIE fighters. Then I feel the entire world spin. I feel it spinning and spinning. I look behind me and see Jyn knocked unconscious the last word that escapes my mouth is, "Jyn"

Then darkness.

Cliffhanger....

1000 WORDS!
THIS IS A SPECIAL CHAPTER FOR 2K+ READS!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!
DONT FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT AND VOTE!❤️
-Em💕