|chapter 20|

Cassian POV
I don't know why I hugged her. Something inside of me clicked. I quickly went back and looked into her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes.

Then everything came back to me. Scarrif why we we where there, the crew I lost. Even K2s0. Then I ran away from the medical area. Away from Jyn.

I need a break from all of this so o decided to take my X- Wing for a little ride.

Before I can even get in General Draven stops me, "where are you going? We are closing the gates at a quarter after seven. And that's about ten minutes away." He says staring right into my eyes.

I roll my eyes. "I'll be back before then General." I say while going into the cockpit of the X-Wing

I slowly start to turn the engines on, thinking about where to go. I see the fuel is full so I can go well anywhere.

As a kid I learned how to fly at a young age. Once I was learning and my ship crashed into the ground, luckily it didn't blow up. But I got a hug scare from my knee all the way down to my toes.

I start to leave the base when a flicker of light catches my eye. I go out of the base and start to follow it. I stay high up in the air so no one can see my off the ground.

Then all of a sudden a fuzzy voice comes of my intercom. "State your business." I clearly see a ship landed on the ice covered land. And realize it's the galactic empire.

Panicking I don't know what to say. They are pretty far away from the base, so I don't want them to know where it is.

I quickly get out of the "red zone". I turn of all my communications, an tracking devices. If the galactic empire knows where the rebel base is, no one knows what will happen.

I quickly get out of their range. But I am quickly stopped when I see two TIE fighters coming right at me.

It will be a lot harder to fly the ship, and fire the canons without Jyn.

I try and outrun those beasts but I can't. Try my hardest I fire the canons, only to miss miserably.

I know I'm in great trouble when I realize that those TIE fighters had taken down my shield. Bastards I thought to myself.

Knowing the only thing left was to out run them. And I had many years in practice of that. I started to lead them away from their base, and the rebel base. There were some boulders so I could try and make them hit that.

Just as I came up with my plan two more TIE fighters came into my view. Leaving me with 4. I knew I couldn't last a chance against these guys.

I made on last attempt to try and get them into those boulders. Only to fail again. Know I had to "fake my death" to get away from this mess.

I cursed myself for not listening to the General. I quickly braced for impact as I was falling onto the ground. The impact was pretty hard but I had just enough time to get out of that X-Wing. Hoping that it didn't blow up of course.

I got out of the X-Wing with not even one scratch. I smiled to myself as I got out. The stupid galactic empire couldn't fall for my tricks.

Then I realized that I didn't know where I was. I sighed and started walking towards the base.

I knew it would be a long night. If my calculations where correct I was about seven miles away from the base.

And it was snowing out. Before I could start to make my plan a strange but similar voice from behind me stopped me.

"You fool." I turned around and knew I was standing in front of someone. The man who killed my crew. Almost killed me. Almost killed Jyn.

"Hello Krennic." I said with no expression. I hated this mans guts.

Hope you liked that chapter!❤️
Also I'm so happy by how many people are reading this story!! 3.04K!🎉🎉
Get ready for some updates this week cause I have like 10 chapters done!
Don't forget to like, comment, and vote!💚💚

-Em💕