02 |:| Damaged Friendships

Momoi rushed through the rain towards Seirin's gym with a tear-stained face before opening the metal door as Riko's attention turned towards the sound.

"What's the matter?" The coach asked in concern.

"Is Tetsu-kun. . .there?" Momoi asked in a desperate tone. Her clothes were completely soaked as her pink bra showed through the transparent and wet fabric, making the Seirin team furiously blush.

Riko smacked all of them in the head, "Go run laps outside" She ordered.

"But it's raining. . ." They replied.

"Is that an excuse?" Riko said sweetly while dark aura formed behind her. The boys didn't dare to argue as they obediently followed their orders and walked outside.

Kuroko returned to the gym with the rest of the first-years and Kiyoshi shortly after.

"Tetsu-kun!" Momoi hugged him to the ground.

"Momoi-san, what are you doing here?" He asked in his usual emotionless expression.

Everyone settled down and crowded around Momoi to listen what she had to say.

"I think that Aomine-kun hates me now" She stammered, "He found out that I told the coach about his injury during the InterHigh"

"I don't think that he hates you, Momoi-san. He's probably looking for you right now. Let's not make him worry" He said reassuringly and honestly.

"You sound a lot like her when you say that" Momoi sadly smiled.

Kuroko's eyes widened as he tried comforting Momoi. Rindou, was good at handling people's emotions as she was the one who gave a lot of mental support to the team. Instinctively and unintentionally, everyone depended on her for that; however, things got bad very quickly when she used her role against them.

"Who's this 'her' we're talking about? " Hyuuga asked.

"Is it another staff for the miracles?" Izuki asked.

"I don't remember anyone mentioning another girl in there"

"It's Rindou Kaeri, actually. She was Teiko's second manager and is now the current one" Kuroko replied.

He isn't sure about how much faith he's going to put into Rindou, and he tries not to talk about it with Momoi to avoid making her sad. She truly became someone ominous, and he wonders what the others are thinking about her as well.

"A second manager?" Hyuuga questioned.

"Yes," Momoi nodded. "Since I was going to graduate, I had to look for an underclassman to take over for the following year"