19 |:| Desire for Closure

A/N: I'm back from my hiatus!

----

That familiar feeling has returned to Kuroko as his chest began to feel heavy from pure shock and distress. It was a feeling that he didn't want anyone to experience, but there she is, making the rest of the miracles feel it. Making their oath seem meaningless. Making Rakuzan's victory meaningless.

"What was she doing? Why was she doing this? This wasn't what we intended at all..." he thought.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kagami asked as the rest of his team turned to him in concern.

"I'm... I'm just lost..."

Akashi stood in place and continued to stare at the hoop that took the shot with wide eyes. It truly brought him down so low, he couldn't find the mental strength to pick up his feet before crashing down. Mabuchi had to help him off the court eventually after the teams bowed to each other.

"Toro...." Rindou grumbled as Teiko went towards the benches. The shooter stared at her before continuing to pack his stuff up.

"That was a fun game! They were strong!" Nishimori exclaimed.

"It was extremely tiring too, but I'm satisfied with our performance," Tooru replied.

After they all went to the locker rooms, Rindou and Deatoro isolated themselves in the hallways.

"What you just did... I'll get the blame for," she sighed and leaned against the wall while facing him.

His eyes were dark as it was shadowed by his overgrown hair that was drenched in sweat. He peered down at her with a neutral frown.

"I know the plan was open-ended, but what drove you to do that, exactly?" She asked, preparing to decode his response.

"Stick to your intentions; the reason you went through all of this," he stated as her eyes widened in surprise. "Why is it that you don't know what you truly want?"

"What I truly want? I know what I want, Deatoro. I'm also aware that you've been trying to read me this entire time, but I'll tell you that you're mistaken," she glared at him.

He slightly lifted his head and raised a brow, "you're in denial." He continued, "the reason you're doing this is to bring them closer together by putting yourself in this position; however, it's starting to make you feel uncomfortable, right?"

"Uncomfortable...?" She repeated.

"...that you are the problem that they overcame together. That you're forever painted as the villain who may not be forgiven. That, in the end, you've been removed from their picture."

"You left the plan open-ended because you wanted a slight chance where you get to appease them, because you know that they're strong and we'll naturally face defeat; which is why you didn't promise us a victory--"

"Alright... fine, fine, enough," she waved her hands to surrender. Staring at him with a troubled look, she averted her gaze, "I didn't commit to the role because... I couldn't come to terms with it..."