03 |:| Present-day Teiko

The InterHigh basketball tournament was over as players have returned to their usual schedule. It was another humid day in Tokyo as Rindou hated the heat due to how uncomfortable her uniform felt when it sticks to her skin. Despite it being summer, she still chose to wear the winter uniform; which consisted of a long-sleeved collar shirt and a knee-lengthed skirt.

She tried to remain level headed, but it still seems like she is easily irritable at this state.

As sweat rolled down her face, she scrunched her face in disgust while tensing up to restrain herself from complaining. It was at this moment where she was close to chucking a clipboard at someone's skull.

"Rindou-san," a small and shy girl with light brown hair said to the senior, who was furiously fanning herself.

"WHAT?!--I mean. . .What is it?" She stiffly replied, facing away.

"I-I wanted to tell you that Touou lost to Rakuzan at the InterHigh"

"Oh, what a surprise! The elites won! I suppose Akashi and Daiki-senpai didn't play" Rindou bitterly stated.

"So y-you watched the news?! Akashi was on TV and he said that he didn't want to play to make things interesting" The girl stuttered.

"I didn't watch it. It was just a speculation. Anyways, thanks for telling me, Fuyumi" Rindou replied and got up from the bench and walked out of the gym.

Fuyumi Kitoka, the second manager, nodded before walking away towards the new captain of Teiko's basketball team, Sudouhiro Gin; a brunette boy with a medium build and soft green eyes that expressed his dependability and curiosity.

"Um, is she always like that?" She whispered to him, referring to Rindou after she left.

"Yeah, please excuse her awful attitude" He sighed in disapproval and distress.

"She has always been spot on with her observations. She must know the Miracles very well" Fuyumi replied.

"She had some history with them, and it apparently didn't end very well" Sudouhiro replied.

"What happened?"

"I'm not sure. She never talks about it, but it appears that she doesn't care too much about them anymore" he explained.

"She must be rather close with the miracles if she knows them that well, so to think that she could easily cut ties with them. . ."

"It isn't all that surprising if you know her long enough. I'm sure she felt absolutely nothing after cutting their ties" Sudouhiro replied.

"You don't seem to like Rindou-san. . ." Fuyumi suddenly said as the captain looked a bit taken back by the remark.

"Is that all you got from this conversation?!"