22 |:| A New Era

"Hey, Dai-chan,"

"What?" Aomine grumbled.

"Something has been bothering me as of lately... Kaeriin's going to Tokiwagi High, and that school has no history in basketball."

"Do they have a team?!" Aomine stopped to look at her.

"There's no record of it!"

Her furrowed his eyebrows in concern, "Damn that Kaeri, she should've done some research..." He sighed, "Hopefully, she'll find a way to compete. Even if it means bringing a baseball team to the tournament."

"Yeah, that sounds more like her."

A new year has begun,

for the evergreen (Tokiwagi) to grow firmly, reaching out to the the sky.

The past is still deeply rooted within, building up layers and layers to make up its identity,

exactly like it has built Rindou.

Spring has arrived as she was recovering from the move to Saitama, her hometown.

Tokiwagi High was visibly more rural as compared to the sleek/modern style of Seirin. The school was right in the middle of the forest as she had to hike through a stone path to get there. Additionally, the nearest shopping center was fifteen minutes away.

Her new uniform consisted of a mustard yellow skirt and a rich brown blazer, along with a white shirt and red tie.

Rindou has also invested in a new hairstyle, a half up-do with her thin bangs falling over her temples and framing her face; and a neater style than the ruffled mess that was last year's.

Class orientations were over as she then made her way to the courtyard.

"Where are the gyms?" She thought before eventually walking the entire perimeter until she stumbled upon an area of trees where the trail ended.

She let out a sigh and decided to go ask a senior for info. As Rindou began walking, faint sounds were heard from within the woods.

Stopping in her tracks, she deeply stared into the trees and noticed visible movement behind the openings between the leaves. She stepped onto the dirt and followed the sounds as it got louder.

Pushing the tree branch out of her way, she found an outdoor basketball court surrounded by tall evergreens that provided the perfect shade.

"Unbelievable... It's a full court too!" She walked onto the concrete and looked at the branches above that casted convenient shadows and Ray's of sunlight on the court.

"Alright! Time's up!" A male voice called. Rindou looked to her right and saw five boys finishing up their shooting practice.

She hesitantly walked towards them, "Um, hello."