15 |:| Unhelpful Miracles

A few weeks after the training camp, Momoi was under the impression that Rindou didn't like being in the first-string, and it bothered her.

To add weight into the burden, she was also confused about what Rindou meant when she said that 'if someone changed in a bad way.' She started to notice how Rindou preferred to be with the second-string and that she's not making an effort to get closer to the Miracles than she currently is.

The first-string was heading off to a practice match against a neighboring school. Of course, Rindou had to come as well.

"Is this a new opponent?" Rindou asked Momoi as they were in front of the gym.

"No, we've played against them before" She replied.

"And won" Rindou added.

"Hmhm~! How did you guess?" Momoi chuckled.

"The first-stringers are extremely ambitious, along with the second-string too" Rindou replied.

"Ah...." Momoi scrunched her eyebrows in doubt, "Well, our regulars are on a different level from the second-stringers. It doesn't feel right to compare them" She nervously smiled.

"Of course they're different in terms of skill. I meant--" Rindou paused for a second and shook it off, "never mind."

During the game, the miracles were, once again, in the lead.

"They're doing great!" Momoi exclaimed, "And it seems like the opponents have improved since the last time!" She added as she wrote in her notebook.

She then glanced at Rindou, who fell asleep.

"KAERIIN!!"

"UAH!" Rindou instantly woke up, "What happened??"

"Why did you fall asleep?!"

"Sorry...this game is kind of predictable. I mean...they're obviously going to win"

"Well yeah, but I like to keep my eyes on Tetsu-kun. He's the most unique one out of all of them" She smiled in admiration.

"Who?"

"Kuroko Tetsuya! You've met him!"

"Oh....where is he?" Rindou lazily scanned the court.

Momoi turned Rindou's head to where Kuroko should be, "Over there!"

"what?" questioned the girl while staring at an empty spot in the court.

"You missed him! Now he's over there!" She turned Rindou's head again, just when Kuroko disappeared again.

"Uhh..."

"Oh! There he is!" Momoi quickly turned Rindou's head to the other direction, causing her neck to crack.