25 |:| Unfinished Business

"Kaeri," Akashi snarled upon saying her name, once again, putting too much emphasis on the 'Ka' as his cheek twitched slightly.

"What?" She replied in discomfort.

"I can tell you're having conflicting thoughts from how distracted you are. Although you are a complicated person who is conniving and hateful by nature, I would still appreciate it if you watched the rest of this game."

The entire team tensed up in shock.

"Please stop trying to test me, Akashi. Not now, at least." Rindou replied with concern.

He slightly narrowed his eyes at her use of his last name, "how merciful do you expect me to be? I agreed to work with you, but we still have unfinished business to deal with."

"O-Okay, we'll do that eventually," she replied.

"Geez... Making our coach feel uncomfortable," Aomine scoffed.

"Aka-chin, we need you on the court!" Murasakibara said.

"I'll be there!" He red-haired boy replied, glaring at Rindou before walking away.

The girl clapped her hands together and silently thanked Murasakibara for ending that whole thing.

"Seriously... bringing up the past. I thought we moved on from all of that," Kuroko sighed. "Why can't we just be a normal group of friends."

"Don't worry, senpai. I think I can handle him. I survived him once, " she replied. "Although, he perceived me as weak back then, he might not hold back on me, now that I've proven myself to be somewhat capable."

"Everyone's forgetting that one time he told everyone that he'll gouge his eye out if his plan didn't work," said Takao in a hopeless manner.

"Are you sure, Kaeriin? Akashi-kun is very dangerous at this state, you have to be cautious," Momoi added.

"If I want to keep our relationship, then I do have to face him. That second personality of his is still part of his identity, and I shouldn't ignore that side of him," She stated. "Although-- I can't really imagine what he wants to do to me. I'm not sure if it'll be a fist fight, or a basketball match, maybe I should start training too..." She began mumbling as the players stared at her in confusion and shock.

Momoi squinted her eyes at her friend before returning her gaze towards the court. Her eyes shot open, "Eh?!"

"What is it?"

"Akashi-kun returned to his normal self!"

"Why is that?! He was having a rough time against Nash Gold, so how is this his retaliation plan?"

"I think he found a middle ground..." Rindou replied. "He went beyond his Emperor state and combined it with his true self, expanding his sense of perspective."