14 |:| Rindou's Analysis

The Teiko basketball team were taking a training camp before the tournament.

"Gah! The coach is making us train harder! This is such bullshit!" Aomine complained.

"I don't think it is, Aomine-kun" Coach Shirogane said from behind him and dark aura surrounded his figure as Aomine tensed up.

"The truth is, I still think that you boys are lacking. Now, continue" He added before walking off.

"Aomine, just do what you're told" Midorima scolded.

"That's so hard for him to do" Momoi pouted.

"Say, where's Akashicchi?" Kise asked.

"Oh, Aka-chin went to find Coach Sanada. I don't why though" Murasakibara lazily replied.

Meanwhile,

Akashi walked towards the second camp where the second-stringers are taking a break from exercising outside. He looked around as some of the players started to notice him.

"Oh--it's Akashi!"

"Hm?" The red-haired boy looked at them.

"We don't usually see you come across the second-string." A boy grinned.

"Last time I checked, you were in the third-string" Akashi replied.

"Ah--you noticed?! I upgraded a month ago" The boy cheered.

"Huh. Well I'm not here to visit. I'm looking for Coach Sanada; seen him anywhere?" He asked.

"Eh? Why do you need to see him? Well, you being a prodigy and all, it's really surprising,"

Akashi narrowed his eyes at him as his pupils shrinked slightly, "I'd appreciate it if you don't talk to me so casually and answer my question because that will save a lot of my time, please," He stated in a serious manner.

The boy's expression turned from joyous to uncomfortable, "S-Sorry, Akashi. Coach Sanada is in the cafeteria, I think..."

"Thank you," Akashi smiled in satisfaction. "Continue practicing and don't stop until you get to the first-string. Until then. . ." He started walking away.

Rindou was eavesdropping the entire time as she was nearby, filling the water bottles by the bench. She stared at Akashi, who was walking away.

"That was a little bit dangerous. The empathetic and rational captain became rather arrogant; it's the opposite of how he usually is and it will get the best of him one day," She calculated in her mind before her serious thinking-face turned into her usual half-assed expression.

"Welp, not like I'm going to do anything about it" She finally decided as she stretched her arms to prep herself for more manager tasks.

****