16 |:| Falling Apart

Rindou exited the gym as it was getting quite dark and she prepared to go home. She let out a rough and annoyed sigh and turned to her right as Kuroko suddenly appeared in front her eyes.

"Ah!!" She exclaimed, "Kuroko-senpai, stop giving people heartattacks."

"I apologize," he nonchalantly replied. "Are you going home? Let me walk you there since it's dangerous to go alone in the dark."

"I'll be fine."

"Although your personality doesn't show it, you have a petite form which may not have the ability to hold off predators," he explained as she huffed in response.

"Can your body hold off predators?" She squinted her eyes at him in irritation.

"You know that I have a better chance than you, Rindou-san," he blankly sassed as she tensed up.

"If you insist..."

Rindou waited for Kuroko to get ready before he approached her with Aomine tagging along.

"You didn't tell me that you were going to walk your dog on our way home," she huffed.

"WATCH IT, KAERI," Aomine complained.

"You amaze me, Rindou-san..."

"Coach Sanada told me that you have a practice match tomorrow, is that right?" She asked as they walked down the sidewalk.

"I have a rival in that school and I can't wait to see him," Aomine grinned.

"Yes, we played against them before," Kuroko said. "You'll be coming with us, right?"

"No, I have to help out the second-string tomorrow. Since Coach Shirogane is ill, Coach Sanada needs the extra help. Satsuki-senpai will be there though, as usual," she said with relief in her voice.

"I see, but wish us luck," Kuroko replied.

"You guys will still win otherwise."

"That's high praise, Kaeri! But these opponents were pretty tough last year!" Aomine said.

"Is that so? Then maybe the game won't make me fall asleep this time," Rindou sighed before a strong arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Then come with us! You can sneak into the bus and ditch the second-string!" Aomine excitedly grinned while putting his weight onto her.

Her body immediately tensed up beneath him as her eyes widened in complete shock of his actions.

"Aomine-kun, you're going to crush her," Kuroko warned as the latter apologized and removed himself from the second manager.