09 |:| "Barbaric & Violent"

Yosen was defeated by Seirin as Kise and Akashi were the only miracles left in the tournament.

"Oi Kise!" Aomine called out to him before the match against Seirin started.

"Ki-chan!" Momoi cheered.

"You two. . . What are you doing here?" Kise asked.

"We wanted to wish you good luck!" She replied.

"Really? Even Aominecchi?" He laughed.

"Sure, I guess?" Aomine shrugged and rolled his eyes.

"What's with the sudden kindness?"

"I'm not trying to be nice you clown. Do you understand that you're probably going to be our only chance of defeating Teiko?" Aomine asked.

"Yeah, they're getting past the semifinals and they might get in the way of the oath" Momoi added.

"That's hilarious. I'm sure it won't be that much of a hassle" Kise reassured while waving his hand around.

"Are you sure?"

"Are you guys seriously forgetting who she is? She can't win against us. She has no fight, no strength, no knowledge when it comes to sports. There's absolutely no way that she could make it to the finals," Kise explained as the two were baffled by his statement.

"You guys are giving her too much credibility" he then sighed before smiling.

"Listen, maybe it's not Kaeri who is a threat, but the Teiko players that she brought together. Tell me how they were able to plow their way to where they are now?!" Aomine asked in frustration.

"In think you're just paranoid Aominecchi, and it's a bit pathetic" Kise bluntly replied.

"You're a fucking shithead!" He shouted and was about to lash out on him before Momoi held him back.

"And stop trying to avoid the damn question!"

"Alright alright, I'll explain it simply because it seems like you don't remember anything from last year. We have faced schools, who were in the top of the nation, and defeated them. Schools that started off exactly like the current Teiko, strong and respected, and we ended up crushing them" Kise explained.

"Don't let that powerless and small girl make you forget who you are; however, I'll accept your kind wishes and win this match! Bye bye!" He added before walking off, leaving Momoi and Aomine speechless.

"Why is he like that?" Aomine groaned in exhaustion.

"Don't listen to him, he could be wrong about Teiko" Momoi said. "But, I feel a bit sad after talking to him. He seems to be in denial, like I was before. . ."

"Maybe, or he's just an asshat" Aomine shrugged.