chapter fifteen

(taylor)

Liz and Liam are the ones to get onstage and make the announcement. There's a roar of applause when they get onstage. Liz is pretty popular but hardly, well-liked. She's a difficult person. She's alright. Liam's also pretty well-known. He used to be on the football team and even used to be the captain but he just decided that he'd rather not deal with that. He's definitely a hottie.

They have some scripted banter as they hype up the homecoming queen and king. I'm still rolling my eyes. I feel someone almost crash into me and it's Karlie. I almost crash into Harry because of her and kind of wish I had. Just to see his reaction.

"Taylor!" She whisper-shouts in my face. Her face is bright and her eyes are beaming. I look behind her to Gigi, giving her a look. A look asking her if I want to know what this is about. She shakes her head with a cheeky laugh.

"Drum roll please!" Liam speaks into the mike before looking into the envelope. He fakes a gasp. "HARRY STYLES! Would you look at that! The captain of the soccer team Woooo" He cheers as everyone's clapping.

I look over at Harry and he's already looking at me. "Everyone's clearly blind!" I whisper into his ear, laughing. He rolls his eyes and leaves to get onstage. Gigi and Karlie get on either of my sides and gleefully smile.

"Okay, okay." Liam's trying to calm the crowd down. "Alright now, for our queen. Who could it be?" Liam's teasing as he opens the envelope. He looks a bit taken aback but reads out the name, sounding unsure. "It's our very Liz Xander. President of the graduating commitee. How fitting, two leaders!"

Karlie and Gigi gasp. "No fucking way." They both say after each other. I glance at the two of them with a bemused expression. "What?" They just look annoyed and continue watching in silence.

Harry and Liz get their crowns which were pre-order and their sashes. He's thete eith his hands behind his back, awkwardly. While, Liz's loving every minute of this. She's beaming as they put the tiara on her head.

"Now!" Liam speaks into the mike. "For our king and queen to have a royal first dance!" He says and expects a roar of laughter. I actually do laugh as it goes silent.

"How can you laugh?" Karlie whines, stomping her feet but I can hear the clicking of her heels.

Nial and Selena come up in front of us just as Harry and Liz are at the center of the dance floor about to dance. "Can you believe this shitshow?" Selena says, looking at Gigi and Karlie. "Girls are vicious!" Niall adds, shaking his head.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I guess we can tell you now." Gigi says, glancing between me and everyone else. "Karlie and the others were counting the votes. You were supposed to be homecoming queen." She explains. My jaw drops open as I stare at Gigi. "That's crazy." I finally say. "I didn't think anyone noticed me."

"Yeah, and that fucking bitch just had her name written on." Selena saying spitefully, glancing over her shoulder to see Harry and Liz dancing.

"You and Harry were gonna look so perfect!" Karlie stomps her feet again like a child who can't get what they want. She's whining as she faces me. "It's so unfair." Yeah, it's unfair. I don't even mind though. If it were meant to be, it'd happen.

"It's okay." I say, laughing. "I already got my dance with Harry." I reassure them, nodding.  They all look more upset than me which makes me giggle even more. I'm giggling still. I'm covering my own mouth and they're staring at me weirdly. We're all watching our homecoming queen and king dance and soon other couples also start slow dancing with them. "You and Sel should go! C'mon." I suggest Niall as I give Selena a push. I guess I push a little too hard because I tripped on myself. Gigi grabs my arm. "what the fuck" She mutters, looking at me. This makes me giggle.

"Well, I need a drink." Karlie says to which all of us agree. We make our way to the refreshments table. Karlie graciously pours all drinks. "Somebody spiked this.." She says slowly as she takes a sip.

"What?!" Gigi shouts.

"Okay," Gigi takes the cup away from. "I think this is enough for tonight." She looks at me with her forehead pinched. I feel weird but I'm sure I'm sober. I've been feeling woozy but I don't think I'd call that tipsy.

"It takes a while to hit. I'm sure you'll be fine by the time you get home. Maybe we should get you home." Karlie and Gigi are on my either sides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
this marks the end of the homecoming dance :) next chapter is what happened AFTER the dance!!

thanks for reading