chapter twentysix

note: sorry i've been gone so long!!! please leave a comment if i should even bother finishing up the story. this is a slowburn fic if you havent figured it out HAHA 

---

(taylor)

Opening my eyes slowly and slightly, I'm awaken in the most awkwardest position. I turn to see my legs dangling over Selena's lap and my head resting on Harry's lap. There's barely any room and I'm squeezed between the two. I'm trying my best not to wake the two of them up as I remove my legs from Selena's lap and lift my head from Harry's chest.

When I get up from the small space, I can't help but look at the two of them, looking so innocent in their sleep with all their guards down. Selena's got her upper body leaning over the arm of the couch. I'm smiling and start looking around for the others in the conservatory. I guess Niall and the other guys decided to head home because no one else is here besides the three of us. Eventually, I squeeze myself between Selena and Harry. This is when I realise how close I am to Harry, facing him.

Without even thinking, I place my hand on his face, cupping one side of it. I watch him sleep for a while as I rub my thumb on his cheek. His eyes are fluttering, still closed. I immediately take my hand away and get up. Feeling panicked, I'm shuffling on my step, looking around the room. I rush to the kitchen.

Even when I'm in the kitchen, I'm fumbling with my hands and feeling flustered. Subconsciously, I reach for my phone in the back of jeans and it reads 6:00AM as I press the home button. I nod as if I'd been looking for the time and put it away. When I see the coffee-maker, I decide to make some coffee for myself. I take deep breathe in and out, closing my eyes. I don't know why I feel panicked with what I'd just done when what'd happened last night was much more scandalous.

I want to know if that could ever happen again and if he wants that to happen again. Why am I acting like this?

After a while, I even forget why I ended up in the kitchen. Of course, Harry couldn't let me forget so soon as I hear his groggy voice say, "Hey." I'm on my first sip of the coffee I'd just made. I don't need to turn around to know he's walking toward me.

"Morning." I say as he stands beside me. My heart's doing something weird when I realise he's actually awake beside me after the incident last night.

Harry starts pouring himself a cup of coffee. "God, what happened last night?" He laughs before taking his first sip, looking at him while I still give him my side face.

Harry had fallen asleep the quickest on the couch. He'd completely passed out. Selena was the second to tire out at around 2AM. I remember Zayn and Gigi started doing shots (non-alcoholic because we'd run out the only four bottles we had and they'd just resorted to mixing weird sodas) with Karlie and Liam as their hype-men. Niall was rummaging through the kitchen for food and decided to join the shot-drinking competition. I'd been tired and eating all the leftover candies and chocolate bars. I remember this was around 4AM. After that, I resorted to falling asleep on the couch with Selena and Harry.

I laugh a little and tell Harry a little of what I can remember. He shakes his head with his dimple being so prominent. Then, there's silence. I take a sip of my coffee and finally turn to face him.

"About last night." He speaks, slowly. Harry's always been a slow speaker but god, at morning light -- he looks so different; like I'm seeing for the first time. I nod, looking at him intently. I'm eager to hear the next few words out his mouth but he doesn't say anything. He really looks at me. I feel an out-of-body experience as I can see his irises really beautiful for the first time. I've never had him like this.

I'm nodding again as I take a sip from my coffee, encouraging him to go on. His mouth keeps moving but nothing comes out. It makes me heart sink when he still doesn't say anything else. I'm already regretting the words that are coming out my mouth. "We don't have to acknowledge last night." I say, putting my cup down. "Like, we know from the last time that we shouldn't have kissed. It's so stupid of us to have let that happen." I say, trying to gather myself in the early morning.

His face becomes small as I turn to face him. "Yeah. It never happened. Whatever you want." Harry sounds almost spiteful as he speaks.