chapter thirtythree

(taylor) 

"Harry!" I hear myself screaming; scared out of my mind. "Get him off of Harry!" I smack Liam. "Harry!" My heart's pounding as I'm anxiously looking around the room at everyone's eye on Zack and Harry. Liam and Niall are pulling Zack off of Harry.

I look over to Gigi who's holding in her tears. She's never been the one to break down but I feel my eyes burning. Tears waiting to fall down as I look over at Harry, on the floor, from Gigi. Rushing over to him, I try to get him up. "Harry." My voice is a whisper because there's a lump in my throat. 

His eyes barely open; completely dependent on me to sit up. Harry winces as I hold him up to sit. My eyes study his face and it seems like there's a cut everywhere. There's blood almost everywhere on his face and it's something I've never seen. I'm already starting to sob.

"You're so fucking dumb." I finally say, crying. The lump in my throat is gone as I hug him. I can hear his slow breaths and a small laugh. Pulling away, I examine his face again. "Are you okay?" I nod, wanting him to do the same. 

He doesn't say anything but his tries to keep his eyes open. I realise he's moving his mouth to speak. I watch his lips intently but can't hear him. I pull him close again and crash my lips into his. It's like my head goes blank when I do but I can feel him smile. 

"I'm just tired." Harry finally says with a delirious smile as I pull away, cupping his face. 

"You're so stupid." I feel more tears fall out my eyes and onto his face as I press my lips to Harry's again. I can still feel him smile again. 

//

It all happens fast. Selena pulls me away from Harry while Liam and Niall take him out; to the hospital. I feel frantic and try to follow them out but I feel arms around me, stopping me. Turning around, I see Selena and Karlie, looking at me with worry. "Guys, I have to go. Liam's plastered!" 

Hands running through her hair, Selena sighs and nods. "I'll come with. Niall and I are the only ones who haven't drunk tonight." She looks over and Gigi, on the couch. 

Liam's sobered up a bit from the last time I'd seen him in the party but we tell him to go in and stay with the others. He's reluctant but I'm afraid of Harry's parents, seeing underage kids drunk. 

My heart races as Harry leans on me in the backseat of Niall's car as I call his parents. It rings. And rings. And rings. They don't pick up and my heart drops. I turn to Harry who's falling asleep. "Harry, give me your brother's number!" 

"No, no, no, my mom's gonna kill me, Tay." 

My jaw drops for a second and Selena turns around from the passenger seat to share a look with me. "Harry." I say firmly and reach for his pants' pocket, hoping to find his phone. He tries to swat away my hand but softly chuckles. "If you're still up for a fight, I don't think you need any medical attention." 

He replies with a groan as I pull out his phone from his pocket. "My passcode —" Harry mumbles but I've already put in the six digits, slightly taken aback that it's still the same from before; my birthday. 

"You're really predictable, you know that?" I smirk and look at him from the phone. There's a brief moment when my heart melts that his wallpaper is a picture of his mother and him. I snap myself out of the my own thoughts; how adorable it is that his wallpaper is his mother. My heart races as I dial Conor's number. "Please, please, please." I murmur with each ring.