chapter thirtyeight (2/2)

(taylor)

"Niall's bringing me an extra cookie." She waves the cookie on her tray. "Gigi too." Selena shrugs and smiles goofily at me. Looking over at the cafeteria line, I give a sympathetic smile to her. Whenever there are cookies, the lines are exceptionally because of its exceptional taste. 

"You okay there, bud?" Selena cocks an eyebrow at him, still struggling at open his tupperware. There's a laugh she's suppressing as her eyes land on me; I'm doing the same.

"Harry." I say, reaching over to help him open his box. "You're a literal child." This causes him to roll his eyes but I can see the corners of his mouth twitching; wanting to smile. I'm already smiling but feign annoyance when I realise that Sel is here.

"Maybe you should've brought a sandwich or something." Sarcastically, Selena remarks still smirking slightly at him.

Eventually, the rest of gang joins the table. Selena starts devouring the cookies before the actual food on her food. There's chatter as the table becomes fuller but Harry's still struggling to feed himself.

"Why don't you feed me?" He says, putting his fork down and turning to me. For a moment, my eyes widen in panic but I quickly compose myself. 

"I support it." Gigi quickly replies with excitement gleaming in her eyes. There's a mumble from Selena who has a mouth full; supporting it too. 

"You're a perv, you know that." I say to Harry which makes the others on the table snicker. When our eyes meet, I narrow mine.

"Wow, you're a friend." He pouts, looking at me. "You don't come see me at the hospital now you can't help me feed myself."

There's a round of Ooooohs around the table as Harry guilt-trips me. I turn to Karlie, on the other side of me, she shrugs. 

I, again, narrow my eyes at him as a smirk forms on his face. This is him making me pay for teasing him; I know it. 

"You're gonna wish you never made me feed you." I mumble under my breath; only for him to hear as I grab the fork. "C'mon now." Reluctantly, I get the lasagna on his fork. 

"Can't even imagine what you two will be like if you actually get together." I hear Niall mutter as I feed Harry who has the dorkiest smiles on his face after each bite. 

When I look at Niall, I see that Liam beside him is recording Harry and I. Liam narrates as he has his phone towards the two of us. 

"That's too much, Tay."

Stubbornly, I push the forkful of lasagna into his mouth. He coughs out and throws me a nasty look as I hear the others laugh. 

"It's what you deserve."

Still recovering from choking slightly, he reaches for my bottle of water. I can tell he's intentionally pressing himself on me as he does. This makes me roll my eyes and push him away. I wonder if the others have noticed but as I look around they're all busy eating or in conversation. 

At another forkful, Harry mimics trying to bite my hand which earns him an ew from Karlie beside me. 

"You're either so heavily medicated that you're not afraid of Taylor or you're actually insane already." Gigi says from across the table. 

"At least if it's the former, Taylor won't beat his ass." Gigi says, giving a knowing look shared by the rest. 

"Will you spank me ever?" Harry asks before taking a sip from my bottle; suspiciously it's easy for him to uncap my bottle. "Platonically, of course." 

My mouth drops open and I glance around the table to see Zayn and Selena choke on their drinks as the other look with eyes wide. I press my lips tight into a straight line as I turn to Harry; telling him that he's really testing me without actually saying it.

"Kissing me is platonic. I think we should move our platonic relationship to the next level." He adds as I narrow my eyes at him. His eyes are practically yelling to fight me. 

I smack his head which makes him yell but me laugh. 

//

For the rest of the day, I don't see Harry; even at his locker. Karlie and I decide to go over to her house to study together after school. We'd been so absorbed in our respective revisions that I'd barely remembered to text Harry after school. 

Me: you're insane - 21:04

Styles: for you 🌚 - 21:05

Me: harry.. - 21:05

Me: don't act fishy !!!! - 21:05

Styles: nobody even realised - 21:06

Styles: it'll be alright ☺️ - 21:06

Me: i hope so - 21:06

Me: Miss you - 21:10

Me: Didn't see you after lunch - 21:10 

Styles: when is your next session with conor - 21:11

Me: wednesdays and weekends - 21:15

Styles: Come over tomorrow! - 21:15

Me: For? - 21:20

Styles: Study with me? - 21:21

Me: ok great ! ☺️ - 21:22

Before I go to bed, I change Harry's contact name from 'Styles' to 'Harry'.