chapter eighteen

(harry)

"Taylor." 

"Tay."

"Okay," I chuckle a bit. "Tay." 

"I'm sorry about Friday. I was wasted and I didn't even realise." She starts off with her hands in her hair. Her head's turned down. "That's what being drunk is." I say with a smirk which makes her head look up at me again. She's rolling her eyes. "Yeah, I'm sorry about embarrassing you like that. Like, apparently, I chanted your name ??" Her forehead is pinched as if she's still unclear on some events that had occurred. But I'm smiling at the memory because it'd felt like I'd had my own cheerleader. Soccer players never have cheerleaders. I nod to let her go on. "Honestly, yeah." She trails off and looks at me. 

She's not going to talk about the kiss. I think in my head and she must see that I'm not as happy with her apology because her mouth starts moving again but I don't hear anything. "What?" I say to her. She shakes her head and starts again, "Look, about the kiss. I'm sorry for that too. I don't know." She pauses. She's looking down at her notebook again, with her hands in her freshly cut hair. She's messing it up more than it already is. "I don't know. I'm sorry for kissing him." She shakes her head, still looking down. Just look at me Taylor, what's going on your face, I wanna shout. "I only kissed him because I thought he was you." She looks at me again. "I guess." She adds.

My heart does something. I feel happy when I hear that. I try to keep a straight face. "You guess?" I ask her with confusion.

"Selena told me I was thanking him for being a good date.." She trails off. 

"And?"

"You were my date, weren't you?" 

"Yeah."

"Exactly?" 

"Okay."

She nods. 

I nod too. 

Taylor's biting the corner of her lips now, staring off somewhere. I'm staring at her now. Again. She snaps out of her daze and glances at me. "I texted Trey too. I told him I was sorry about kissing him. But he barely remembers that." She shrugs and laughs. 

"Why are you laughing?"

"I'm the hottest person to kiss him, like ever?" She looks at me as if I'm supposed to know this fact. 

"Umm, you wish!" I roll my eyes. Then, I chuckle, staring off somewhere. 

"Why are you laughing now?" She asks. 

"Because you were actually with the hottest date of the night?" I mimic her voice and facial expression which makes her roll her eyes but I notice the corner of her lips twitch. She's definitely suppressing her laughter. "You got to be with the homecoming king, babe." I tease her, pointing at myself with my thumbs. 

She rolls her eyes again. "I'm telling you it was rigged. You, of all people, didn't need that confidence boost." She says, leans back into her chair, looking at me expectantly. She's waiting for me to say something but I don't. I have a smirk on my face, looking at her. "Keep telling yourself that." I finally say as I lean into my own seat. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

short chapter!! just trying to finish off the homecoming arc!! :) 

thank you so much for the votes and comments! i will reply when i'm not feeling guilty about procrastinating schoolwork omg!