chapter sixteen

(taylor)

The next day, I'm awake in my own bed. I have a massive headache. I get out my bed to shut the blinds and quickly, getting under my covers again. "Fuck." I'm muttering. I'm not used to alcohol at all but it tasted so good last night I hadn't even realized. There's loud banging at my door. I'm covering both my ears and groaning.

"There's the little rascal from last night." Selena's head pops in. Her face is looking cheeky and she shuts the door behind her as she enters. "How are you feeling?"

I throw a pillow at her. "That was for the door." I'm sitting up and rubbing the sides of my forehead. "I fucking can't deal with this headache." I admit and groan again.

"The day's already out the door, babe. It's 5pm." Selena looks at me with worry. "So," She pauses and waits for me to look at her. "So?" She realizes I don't know what she's referring to so she takes a deep breath. "You don't remember anything from last night?"

"What?" I ask. "Of course, I do." I'm getting out of my bed to pour myself a glass of water on my table. "Karlie told me that it'd take a while to hit so Gigi and her brought me home?" I explain to Selena before I finish my glass of water.

"No, no, no. "Selena shakes her head. "Okay, tell me what you remember. Everything." She looks at me firmly and makes herself comfortable on my bed by sitting with her legs crossed. "C'mon." She's looking at me expectantly. I pour myself another glass of water and sit on my bed again, mimicking Selena.

"Okay," I reluctantly start. "Harry and I went to the homecoming dance. I talked to Sarah and Trey. Harry and I danced. He became homecoming king and Liz became homecoming queen. I was supposed to be homecoming queen." I speak slowly and look at Selena to see her nodding slowly. "Then, you and Niall went to dance because I asked you to. Then, Karlie, Gigi and I went to the refreshments table. That's when we found out it'd been spiked and I started freaking out." I finish and look at her. She's looking at me, waiting for more to come out my mouth.

"That's it?" She looks mortified. She groans into her hands as she covers her whole face. "While everything you told me did happen. Do you not remember what happened during the homecoming queen and king announcement?" I shake my head; no. "You were cheering Harry's name the entire time." Oh my god, no, no, no. "Niall and I came over to see what the fuck was happening to you and Gigi and Karlie had to shut you up."

"Fuck my life.." I'm vaguely remembering last night now.

"That's not all." Selena says to me slowly. Oh no, what else could I have done? "Gigi and Karlie were trying to take you home. But you didn't want to leave without Harry." Oh no, what the fuck. "So you made a really big scene and it wasn't that bad since Niall and I came back and all four of us had to literally stuff a tissue in your mouth to shut you up again."

"But that's it right?" Selena makes a sour face and shakes her head. "Just tell me, already!" I say with my face buried in my hands.

"Liam was already out with Trey in the parking lot and you ran to Trey because apparently you'd talked to him earlier.  And you gave him a kiss and thanked him for being a wonderful date." I feel my stomach churn at the thought of kissing a stranger and I want to literally turn invisible for days. "And Harry saw you do that. He'd come looking for you." I feel gutted when I hear the last part. Why does that make me feel so terrible? Why does my headache seem better than hearing that Harry seeing me kiss someone else?

I can't believe I didn't realise that it'd be spiked. I feel so so stupid and embarrassed. "Thank you guys for dropping me home." I finally say, pulling her into a hug. I can't even fathom how to face Trey again. "Could you ask Niall to send me Trey's number?" Selena nods and adds,"Don't worry, he was even more out of it than you." She laughs, making me feel slightly better.

There's a silence in the room because we're both thinking of him. I know it. She knows it. Selena's texting Niall for Trey's number while I'm fumbling with my fingers. I groan every time I get flashes of last night. "I'm so fucking stupid." I say quietly. The level of self-loathing I have has quadrupled within the last minute and continues to increase as I replay last night's events as I remember now.

"You should probably call Harry." Selena finally talks about him. I'm looking at her with a pained expression. I'm telling her that I can't without having to actually say it. I can go on ignoring him. It's senior year. I could actually do it and it'd be fine. "Taylor," She has a firm voice. "Taylor, you have to talk to him."

"Why?" I groan.

"Because you should've seen his face yesterday, Taylor." I'm gutted again at the sound of those words.